does the hp photosmart c7280 all-in-one printer have an airprint capability to use with ipad2 (7832 Views)
Student
magrey1
Message 1 of 38 (7,832 Views)
Accepted Solution

does the hp photosmart c7280 all-in-one printer have an airprint capability to use with ipad2

The c7280 printer has 802.11g wireless capability.  I have Verizon wireless connection.  Is there someway that I can utilize these to do wireless printing from my IPAD2.

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 38 (7,792 Views)

Re: does the hp photosmart c7280 all-in-one printer have an airprint capability to use with ipad2

There is! You can use an app called: HP Home & Biz <-- Click that hyperlink to read about the application. You can download it directly from your iPad in the Apple App Store. Here is a how to on how to use to app:

Printing from Your Mobile Device on Non-Web-Enabled Printers (No AirPrint or ePrint Support)

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions be sure to post them. Good luck!! :robotwink:

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Top Student
janbsn
Message 3 of 38 (7,562 Views)

Re: does the hp photosmart c7280 all-in-one printer have an airprint capability to use with ipad2

If I download this app to enable use with iPad, will it disable the current wireless connection I have with my hp laptop - or will it recognize separate printing requests from both devices?
Tutor
wjh611
Message 4 of 38 (6,667 Views)

I have an iPad and a HP Photosmart C7280 all-in-one printer.  Both of them have access to my home wi-fi network.  According to this link (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02814760&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en#N3713), I should be able to print from my iPad to my C7280 on my local wi-fi network without first activating the ePrint app on the ePrintCenter, but I can’t make it work.

Another link (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02775166&tmp_task=useCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lang...) says I must activate the ePrint app with the ePrintCenter. 

Which is right?

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 5 of 38 (6,644 Views)

does the hp photosmart c7280 all-in-one printer have an airprint capability to use with ipad2

I would go with the information in the second link (I relinked it below in case of confusion). It seems to address what you are trying to do. The first one is more general information. Hope that helps clear things up.

http://goo.gl/XHVRx
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Tutor
Ergogal
Message 6 of 38 (6,564 Views)

Can I print from my ipad2 to my HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One. If not,how can I print from my IPad?

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 7 of 38 (6,559 Views)

magrey1 and Ergogal, printing from your iPad is pretty simple. First, you both have to be sure that the printer and the iPad are both on the same network (they would have the same SSID). Next, make sure that under "Settings" that Bluetooth is turned off.

If both of these things have been verified, you should be able to bring up any app which can print (like the Photos app), and there is usually an icon which looks like a curved arrow (sometimes it is coming out of a box). Hitting this icon should give you the option to print, and then you can select your printer and the number of copies.

Let me know if this helps!
Tutor
Ergogal
Message 8 of 38 (6,547 Views)

I installed the HP eprint app on my ipad, got it activated but it did not (could not?) find my Hp Photosmart 7200 series printer that is on my home network. It functions well with my laptop but the app could not find it. Suggestions. Yes, I entered the network name. Thank you

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 9 of 38 (6,545 Views)

Is your iPad on the same local network as the printer or is it currently connected to 3G or any another network? Have you made sure that Bluetooth is turned off in Settings?

The only other thing you might need to do is a network reset to get the iPad to recognize the printer. Turn off the iPad and the printer and unplug the router for ten seconds. Plug the router back in and wait for the status lights to flash normally. Next turn the printer and the iPad back on and let them both connect to your wireless network.

Try printing again.

Let me know how it goes!
Tutor
Ergogal
Message 10 of 38 (6,480 Views)

Sorry, that didn't work. I did notice that my laptop network name is different than the wi-fi name on my ipad? This could be the problem but why would they be different? Love any suggestions as this is getting frustrating. Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation