Question

Top Student
Sidd69686968
Message 1 of 8 (386 Views)

enable wireless network adapter

I'm not able to enable my wireless network adapter on my Pavilion dv4. An orange light is being displayed on the 'f12' key, but still its not able to detect wi-fi networks. How can I enable it?

Tutor
Dawn-berlitz
Message 2 of 8 (381 Views)

Re: enable wireless network adapter

have you tried holding down the function (Fn) key while doing this
Posted from Facebook
Top Student
Sidd69686968
Message 3 of 8 (373 Views)

thanks for your reply. Yes I tried fn+f2. But still it didn't work.

Dawn-berlitz wrote:
have you tried holding down the function (Fn) key while doing this

Professor
npw05001
Message 4 of 8 (363 Views)

Hello Sidd,

I see that you are having a problem with the wireless internet on your HP computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the full model and product number of the computer? Here is a link showing how to find that information.

How long have you been having the problem?

Have you made any recent changes to your computer?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Top Student
Sidd69686968
Message 5 of 8 (354 Views)

Here are the following details that I can provide you- Product Name : HP Pavilion dv4 Notebook PC Product Number : QE010UA#ABA Is there a difference between model no. and product no.? I am not able to get my model no. Actually, I didn't require any wireless network on my laptop soon after I purchased it, but now I need it and I am not able to enable my wireless network adapter.
Professor
npw05001
Message 6 of 8 (348 Views)

Thanks that is the information I needed.

I have some troubleshooting steps that may help with your issue. Here is a link to those steps, you should start with the tab "Cannot connect to the wireless network or to the internet".

Follow the steps in the link for troubleshooting the wireless network adapter and let me know what happens.

Are you still using Windows 7?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Top Student
Sidd69686968
Message 7 of 8 (335 Views)

Thank you so much! My problem is resolved. May God give you a long life!

BTW I am still using Windows 7.

npw05001 wrote:

Thanks that is the information I needed.

I have some troubleshooting steps that may help with your issue. Here is a link to those steps, you should start with the tab "Cannot connect to the wireless network or to the internet".

Follow the steps in the link for troubleshooting the wireless network adapter and let me know what happens.

Are you still using Windows 7?

Professor
npw05001
Message 8 of 8 (315 Views)

You're welcome,

Glad I was able to help and you were able to get your problem resolved. Thanks for posting!!!!

Signature

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation