Question

Honor Student
ayfisch
Message 1 of 3 (821 Views)
Accepted Solution

getting hp envy 4500 wireless printer status to online after changing wireless router.

i'm running window's 8.1 and have a hp envy 4500-e all in one printer and everything has working okay. My wireless router was going bad so i replaced it. After installing the new router and getting all my computers and devices , (including the hp 4500 wireless printer) connected to the new network, i tried to print. The printer is waiting to print what was sent to it but it's status is set to offline. The box in the control panel that says "set printer to run offline"  is not checked. but the status says HP ENVY 4500 SERIES (NETWORK) - offline.  Does anyone else have this problem and do you know how to fix it. I have tried turning the computer and printer off and rebooting them and running a hp diagnosis program but it says that everything is working okay.

Regents Professor
sabretooth04
Message 2 of 3 (800 Views)

Re: getting hp envy 4500 wireless printer status to online after changing wireless router.

Replacing your wireless router now try.

http://www.hp.com/global/au/en/wireless/reconfiguring-system-help3.html

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
Honor Student
ayfisch
Message 3 of 3 (788 Views)

Re: getting hp envy 4500 wireless printer status to online after changing wireless router.

thanks for your help. I found the problem was in the network as you suggested.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation