Question

Student
HAMID_SOHAIL
Message 1 of 5 (4,825 Views)

how can i enable my wifi adapter on my probook 4530s?

push button is continusly amber , even when i push the button it doesn't go white what to do?????????? plz help me out??

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 5 (4,817 Views)

Re: how can i enable my wifi adapter on my probook 4530s?

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue.

1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on.

2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on.

3) Try doing a system restore to the date where unit was working fine.

4) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website.

5) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit.

6) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.

If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 3 of 5 (4,799 Views)

Hello,

This thread ended up in the Printing Discussion Board.  I am moving the thread to the Notebook Forum so other Community Members can also benefit from your input.  Have a good day !

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Student
HarisMehmood
Message 4 of 5 (3,633 Views)

I got rid of this problem. Thanks a lot. Following is the detail.

The light was continuously amber. When I tried to install the drivers named sp50498, it showed a message like "No wireless device found". It led me to the result that the device is not properly plugged in. I was near to open the laptop. Before opening, I tried the solution of pressing the power button for 30 seconds in absence of Battery and Power Adapter. After this, I connected the battery and turned ON my laptop. Wifi light remained amber. Then I checked device manager. It showed a new network device without drivers. I installed the same sp50498 drivers. And it resolved the whole issue.

Thanks a lot to the solution provider.

If someone is confused with this long story and wants to know the solution, (s)he may follow the steps below.

1. Disconnect AC Adapter and battery

2. Press and Hold power button for 30 seconds.

3. Install Atheros Drivers.

4. Amber light will be now white.

enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Student
Farayi
Message 5 of 5 (2,584 Views)

had the same problem, but solved it by ` resetting the bios to factory default`.on start up, press escape, then f10, then reset and finally save and exit.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation