Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm stumped here. I've installed the printer on my Windows PC. I'm able to pair with it (Bluetooth) from my Android tablet (Galaxy 10.1"). I've tried using a variety of printing programs from the Android Marketplace, but I can't get anything to print.

When I try with PrinterShare, it asks me to select the printer. When I select the OfficeJet 100, I'm told that the application can't find a driver for the printer.

Note to HP: You definitely need to improve the documentation on this printer. The docs that came with my printer make no mention of Android, and finding anything useful online is practically impossible. Very disappointing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Update: We have found a solution that works very well for us, at the moment. ICanPrint (Android App) has a small box that can be used to hook an Android tablet up to this printer.

We have ordered and tested one of these boxes with a 10 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab, and it works quite well. The box is small, almost cube-shaped, and about 1.5 inches on each side. It does require a power source when printing.

The customer support team at ICanPrint are extremely responsive. They've worked with us to create a custom driver that meets some of our special requirements.

Search for ICanPrint on Google Play for more info. This is the first solution we've found that actually works, after many agonizing hours (days, weeks) of searching.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I just got off the phone with HP support. The outcome of the conversation was that the OfficeJet 100 Mobile printer doesn't work with iOS or Android devices. Apparently, the iOS bluetooth isn't compatible with HP's, and no drivers exist for Android.

The printer apparently works with Nokia, Windows Mobile and BlackBerry devices. The justification from HP is that those devices are more business-oriented, while iOS and Android devices are more consumer-oriented.

That may have been the case 2 years ago, but businesses are turning to Android and iOS in growing numbers. In my opinion, it's an embarrassment for HP to not support the two major mobile operating systems.

I'm holding out a glimmer of hope that support was wrong - it's difficult for me to believe that the printer can't be accessed from Android. If anyone knows otherwise, please share...

HP Recommended

Update: We have found a solution that works very well for us, at the moment. ICanPrint (Android App) has a small box that can be used to hook an Android tablet up to this printer.

We have ordered and tested one of these boxes with a 10 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab, and it works quite well. The box is small, almost cube-shaped, and about 1.5 inches on each side. It does require a power source when printing.

The customer support team at ICanPrint are extremely responsive. They've worked with us to create a custom driver that meets some of our special requirements.

Search for ICanPrint on Google Play for more info. This is the first solution we've found that actually works, after many agonizing hours (days, weeks) of searching.

HP Recommended

Downloaded printershare and $13 premium key.  Works perfectly over bluetooth for Droid Xyboard.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem and finally found a solution using the following configuration: I have a phone LGMs690 Android version 2.2.2. I used print share from the android market, I paid something around $8.00 and works just fine for me. My goal was fill out a pdf doc, and print it to be sign by hand (the people that i need to present the paper work for, don't accept an electronic signature) i edit the original pdf doc using pdf writer and put in my phone, using "fill and sign PDF forms" program (i dowload a free version and buy it after a finish the test) i can fill the fields that a created using a PDF writer, once a fill the form out i can rename the file or send it out to print using the share option in "fill and sign PDF forms". Hope this help some how.

HP Recommended

Okay, here it is.  The solution.  For the life of me I could not understand why tablets, phones etc. are develoed to cuase us grief.    I have been trying for two weeks to find a driver for HP (HP Officejet 100) printers that works on an Android.  My tablet  4g gpad lte.  recognized my bluetooth printer but would not print to it.  Finally after no luck with HP (HP said that my printer will not work via bluetooth with an android tablet) or Verizon who sold me the tablet and said it would work with my printer,  I took my printer into Verizon and told them to make it work.  After 2 hours they gave up.  

I figured it out by accident searching the web.  Found  "PrinterShare" and it works like a charm.  Not little cubes to carry around, no fees to print, no bull.  I downloaded it and installed it for free.  I tested it and then bought it.  $12.95 and that was it .  I can print any doc., picture, etc.   Good grief, I hope anyone that is trying to make an HP print from a tablet finds this message.  HP eprint does not work.  A waste of time.  Finally smiling, Mike

www.printershare.com  

Some tablets will not allow you to download it from the web so  go to your play store on your tablet and search for it.

$12.95 or pull your hair out, your choice.  

HP Recommended

Use "PrintShare" and your done.  No bull and no more wasted time.  Test it for free.  It's in your PlayStore or download it.  Works with my gpad LTE. and my wifes Gallaxy 10.1.  

HP Recommended

Well, I'm glad I serached this problem out. I bought this piece-of-crap HP Printer 3 days ago, and today decided it was time to hook-it up. What a GIANT pain-in-the-arse this product is. I have a Samsung Tablet. HP says I can't use Bluetooth. **bleep**? After considering the few comments here, I think I'm just taking it back. Seems to me to be nothing but a headache for the entire life of this s**t product. Now wonder it was half price ($149.95). DON'T BUY IT ANYONE!

HP Recommended

UPDATE:

Bought the **bleep** PrinterShare Premium Key and it's been an hour and it still hasn't downloaded. This entire process for a **bleep** printer is bulls**t. I would not encourage anyone to buy this crap product!

HP Recommended

Thank you!! I was pulling my hair out! The printer share worked 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.