Question

Top Student
richg99
Message 1 of 4 (486 Views)

how do I change network password

I changed my security system on my network from WEP  to WPA. I also changed the password. How do I change the network password on my printer connection?

Grad Student
TreeFrog
Message 2 of 4 (464 Views)

Re: how do I change network password

That depends on the printer and router you have. 

Let me know what printer model and router make and model you have and I'll help you through getting the printer talking to the router again.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Sometimes it takes several posts back and forth to get to a solution - please be patient.
I am employed by HP
Student
bradrogersmn
Message 3 of 4 (313 Views)

I recently changed the network password on my router as my wireless connection was not working after my ISP Suppor Team made some changes to my computer.   My wireless connection did work at one time.  I have attempted several times to rehook up my wireless printer and I cannot get it to work.  I have an HP Deskjet 3052A printer, and I have a D-Link wireless router model DIR-615.  Any suggestions on how I can fix this to get my printer working wirelessly again?

Grad Student
TreeFrog
Message 4 of 4 (295 Views)

You need to sync your printers settings to your network settings.  I would suggest you try WPS (wireless protected setup).

You will need access to both the printer and your router.

Printer - Press and hold the wireless button for 5 seconds then go to the router and within 30 seconds

Router - press and hold the WPS button for 5 seconds (button is on the right side of the router looking from the front)

Wait and see of a connection is made the blue light will go solid if you get a connection

Let me know if this worked.  If not we will try other ways of updating the printers settings.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Sometimes it takes several posts back and forth to get to a solution - please be patient.
I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation