Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am looking to connect my ipad to the above printer and it tells me No Airprint Printers Found.  Can anyone tell me how to get these two items connected.  thank so much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Use the wireless setting in the iPad to connect to your printer. This will be an adhoc connection.

You cannot be conected to your wireless router and the printer at the same time so disconnect from any router you are connect to before doing this..

Once you have done that you will be able to print documents and emails fror your iPad to your HP Offijet 8500 printer. 

If you want to use ePrint (your printer is ePrint capable) follow the instructions in this HP web document.

Here is a link to the web support portal for your printer.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Use the wireless setting in the iPad to connect to your printer. This will be an adhoc connection.

You cannot be conected to your wireless router and the printer at the same time so disconnect from any router you are connect to before doing this..

Once you have done that you will be able to print documents and emails fror your iPad to your HP Offijet 8500 printer. 

If you want to use ePrint (your printer is ePrint capable) follow the instructions in this HP web document.

Here is a link to the web support portal for your printer.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Do you have the Officejet 8500 or the 8500a

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
HP Recommended

I Have an HP Offie Jet Pro 8500 Wireless. I can't print from my iPad or iPhone.

How do I get it to work?

HP Recommended

Hello John,

Do you have the Officejet Pro 8500a (910) or the Officejet Pro 8500 (909)?

I was an HP employee

HP Recommended

I have a 8500 A909g

HP Recommended

John,

The Officejet Pro 8500 (A909) does not support AirPrint which is what the Ipad and Iphone use to print to the printer.   There is an app availible at your iTunes store that you can download for free.  Its called HP ePrint. Download that app and as long as your Ipad and printer are on the same network it sould find your printer and print to it.  Let me know if works for you.

I was an HP employee

HP Recommended
Thank you so much!! I tried it and it worked!! Greatly appreciate you taking the time to help 😉
HP Recommended

I have tried everything to get my air print to work. Sometimes it does,but most of the time it can't find the printer. I have the 8500a. I do use a wireless router. Please help

HP Recommended

how do i connect my hp 8500 wireless

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.