05-09-2013 04:55 AM
I need to type in the password for the router I'm using. I contains both numbers and letters. In using the wireless setup wizard, I am unable to switch from letters to numbers.
05-09-2013 05:54 AM
As I understand on the display you want to switch between the letters and the numbers.
At the bottom of the display you will get buttons ABC and 123.
Choose ABC for the letters and 123 for the numbers.
Use the Navigational arrows to select the options.
I work for HP
Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
05-09-2013 09:38 AM
The printer has a tangible key pad without the switching options you mention. The display is not a touch pad. The FAX set up offers a switching key, but I'm not trying to set up the FAX - just the network using MiFi wireless/router. Corksmom
05-10-2013 07:28 PM
The buttons work like T9 works on old school cellphones. Press the number to swap through the available letter and number for each button. If you need to access the special characters on the printer, then these can be accessed by pressing the *@ button in the bottom left of the push buttons.
Does this answer the question you were asking? Hope this helps.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network