how do I switch between letters and numbers on the hp officejet wireless 709n keypad? (328 Views)
Honor Student
corcsmom
Message 1 of 5 (328 Views)

how do I switch between letters and numbers on the hp officejet wireless 709n keypad?

I need to type in the password for the router I'm using.  I contains both numbers and letters.  In using the wireless setup wizard, I am unable to switch from letters to numbers.

Teacher
VK14
Message 2 of 5 (318 Views)

Re: how do I switch between letters and numbers on the hp officejet wireless 709n keypad?

Hi,

As I understand on the display you want to switch between the letters and the numbers.

At the bottom of the display you will get buttons ABC and 123.

Choose ABC for the letters and 123 for the numbers.

Use the Navigational arrows to select the options.

I work for HP

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.

Regards,

Vijay

Honor Student
corcsmom
Message 3 of 5 (307 Views)

Re: how do I switch between letters and numbers on the hp officejet wireless 709n keypad?

The printer has a tangible key pad without the switching options you mention.  The display is not a touch pad.  The FAX set up offers a switching key, but I'm not trying to set up the FAX - just the network using MiFi wireless/router. Corksmom

Honor Student
corcsmom
Message 4 of 5 (305 Views)

just to be clear - this is officejet 6500 709n all in one printer
Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 5 of 5 (297 Views)

Hey corcsmom,

The buttons work like T9 works on old school cellphones.  Press the number to swap through the available letter and number for each button.  If you need to access the special characters on the printer, then these can be accessed by pressing the *@ button in the bottom left of the push buttons.

Does this answer the question you were asking?  Hope this helps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation