05-09-2013 04:55 AM
I need to type in the password for the router I'm using. I contains both numbers and letters. In using the wireless setup wizard, I am unable to switch from letters to numbers.
05-09-2013 05:54 AM
As I understand on the display you want to switch between the letters and the numbers.
At the bottom of the display you will get buttons ABC and 123.
Choose ABC for the letters and 123 for the numbers.
Use the Navigational arrows to select the options.
I work for HP
Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
05-09-2013 09:38 AM
The printer has a tangible key pad without the switching options you mention. The display is not a touch pad. The FAX set up offers a switching key, but I'm not trying to set up the FAX - just the network using MiFi wireless/router. Corksmom
05-10-2013 07:28 PM
The buttons work like T9 works on old school cellphones. Press the number to swap through the available letter and number for each button. If you need to access the special characters on the printer, then these can be accessed by pressing the *@ button in the bottom left of the push buttons.
Does this answer the question you were asking? Hope this helps.
I am not an HP employee.
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection