Question
how do i reconnect my HP deskjet 3050 j610 wireless printer
Replies (39)

Honor Student
Springbok
Message 21 of 40 (9,249 Views)

Re: how do i reconnect my HP deskjet 3050 j610 wireless printer

I had my 3050 J610 set up wirelessly using my Dlink router (no WPA button). I worked fine.

Then I went on vacation and took my printer with me. Because I no longer had my wireless network,  I used teh printer with a usb cable.

Now I am back home, the printer will no longer connect to my wireless network.  Does it not remember the wireless settings?  Nothing has changed.  Do I have to go through the setup again???

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 22 of 40 (9,239 Views)

I think you have no choice but to re-connect it, sorry.

I am employed by HP
Student
chelseainfl
Message 23 of 40 (8,992 Views)

Printer was fine, connected to the old router....we switched out routers for something faster.  It has WPS but it says WPS error or wps timed out.  The connection is secured....is there somewhere I should be trying to put in the password?  It just will not connect.  I hooked it up with the usb to reconnect onto the laptop, which it did, but not wirelessly.  It requires the USB to print.  How do I connect it to a new router?  You really haven't answered this question yet.  I went through the set up....but it won't connect to the router.  Same model listed here for the printer the Deskjet 3050 j 610 and a netgear n 600 dual band router.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Honor Student
Springbok
Message 24 of 40 (8,990 Views)

As you can see from previous post, help from HP Support forum was of no use at all. I asked about inability to re-connect , and response was to reconnect the printer ?????? Fat lot of good that response was.

My printer is still conected by USB even although I bought it because of it's wifi capability so I could locate it in central location.

I don't seem to be able to find my installation disk. I tried downloading from HP site and whatever it was that I got could not set up my printer, or at least I could not figure out how it could. And I have been around computers for 50+ years.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 25 of 40 (8,983 Views)

On the router, make sure that 802.11g mode is enabled.  Also, try WPA encryption and channel 11 on the router.

Is the router firmware up to date?

I am employed by HP
Student
DrRonCampbell
Message 26 of 40 (8,922 Views)

[ Edited ]

I received the following printed out statement:

"Your HP printer cannot find your access point. Check that your access point is powered on. Check that your HP printer network name (SSID) matches your access point network name (SSID) exactly.  If they do not match exactly, run the wireless network setup to configure your HP printer."

How do I run the wireless network setup?

{Personal Information Removed}

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 27 of 40 (8,900 Views)

On your computer go to the Hewlett-Packard folder and run "Printer Setup and Software"

I am employed by HP
Student
Sypha
Message 28 of 40 (8,755 Views)

Can't connect my deskjet 3050a through wireless, even after following the installation steps. I connected the usb which works fine but still can't get it to conect to my computer wirelessly.During installation, it states connect usb temporarily to connect to network and then nothing happens. I don't have access to the router and i'm running windows 8, any advice please? 

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 29 of 40 (8,753 Views)

What router is it?  Is it a corporate-managed router or something?

Don't install the software from the CD, download and install the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

I am employed by HP
Student
chantal73
Message 30 of 40 (8,554 Views)

Re: how do I connect my HP deskjet 3050 j610 wireless to my mac

I'm trying to connect the usb to my printer HP Deskjet 3050 but can't find the entry. Could someone tell me is there 2 or 3 entries in the back of this printer. seems like I can't get the printer work. Any chance someone is willing to explain to me how to connect the printer to my mac. Please help... Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation