Question

TGD Student
Student
TGD
Message 1 of 40 (87,822 Views)

how do i set up my wireless connection on hplaserjet p1102w with my 10.7 mac os?

I have tried following You Tube video diretions for setting up the HPLaserJetP1102w with Mac.  The version on the video is 10.6.  I have 10.7 and it doesn't seem to work the same.  I was told it would work just fine and want some answers quick.  I have 10 to install.  The You Tube video is very helpful but something is missing with the new OS 10.7

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 40 (87,821 Views)

Re: how do i set up my wireless connection on hplaserjet p1102w with my 10.7 mac os?

Hi TGD,

The wireless configuration proccess is the same on Mac OS X 10.7 as for Snow Leopard.

Before configuring the wireless connection, make sure to install the latest Software version using USB first.
Any previous version will appear differently and will not work on Lion:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL32564/bi-80684-6/LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution.dmg.

Follow these steps to change to a wireless network in Mac OS X v10.6 and v10.7.
You can view a video demonstration to learn how to set up a wireless connection, or you can follow the written steps listed below the video.
The following video demonstrates how to set up a wireless installation on the HP LaserJet P1102w printer on a Macintosh computer. The product in the video might not look exactly like your product, but the steps are the same.
If you have trouble viewing the video, or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube.
  1. In Finder , click Applications , and then double-click System Preferences .
  2. Click Print & Fax (in Mac OS X v10.6) or Print & Scan (in Mac OS X v10.7).
  3. Click Open Print Queue , and then click Printer Setup .
  4. Click the Utility tab, and then click Open Printer Utility .
  5. Click HTMLConfig .
  6. Click the Networking tab, and then click Wireless from the list on the left.
  7. Under Communication Mode , click Infrastructure , select your network SSID from the Available Network Names (SSID) list, and then click the << button.
  8. From the Security Mode pop-up menu under Authentication , click WEP or WPA/WPA2 . Your selection depends on which Wireless Security Protocol your network uses.
    NOTE:If your network does not have Wireless Security, leave the Security Mode set toOpen System (No Authentication) .

9. Type your WEP/WPA/WPA2 key in the appropriate field, and then click Apply .
  10. In the confirmation box, click OK , and then close the HTML Config and Print Queue windows.
  11. In the Print & Fax or Print & Scan window, click your HP product from the list of printers, and then click the Minus sign  to remove it from the list.
    NOTE:This action removes the USB Connection from the list so that the only entry for your HP product is the Wireless Connection.

12. Disconnect the USB cable from the product and the computer.
  13. Under Printers , click the Plus sign ( ).
  14. Select your product name with Bonjour as the Kind , and then click Add .
  15. Close the Print & Fax or Print & Scan window.
Step two: Delete the USB connected printer, and then add the wireless connected printer
  1. Click the Apple icon, and then click System Preferences .
  2. Click Print & Fax .
  3. Under Printers , click your product, and then click the Minus sign (- ) to remove the product.
  4. Click the Plus sign (+ ) to find your product.
  5. When you find your product, make sure that the connection type listed under Kind is Bonjour .
  6. Click Add to add your wireless connected product.

If you still have any issue, please clarify the exact behaviour and during which step it appears.

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
colourfielder
Message 3 of 40 (84,383 Views)

Re: how do i set up my wireless connection on hplaserjet p1102w with my 10.7 mac os?

Hi, I've downloaded the latest driver and tried setting up my wireless connection and get this error message when I click on HTML Config...

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 6 at column 47: Entity 'nbsp' not defined

error on line 2 at column 8: Opening and ending tag mismatch: link line 0 and head

Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Please advise.

Thanking you in advance.

Student
mr10
Message 4 of 40 (83,630 Views)

I tried this but the tab for network settings won't open up.  Only the first tab will open.   And when I print out the config page it says there's no ip address for printer.  I had it working on the network and took the printer to use on another network, but now I can't get it go work on the first one.

Top Student
Jason Boehle
Message 5 of 40 (82,975 Views)

I am getting these same errors.
Honor Student
tedholm44
Message 6 of 40 (74,180 Views)

Using snow leopard on imac and same printer.  Get all the way through directions until I get to disconnecting cable and clicking on plus to add printer with Bonjour.   The printer does not show up!  Help

Honor Student
nodakmom
Message 7 of 40 (74,108 Views)

Can print just fine when plugged in. Cannot setup wireless printing. Using OS 10.7 (Lion).

All I get is error messages when I try HTML Config. Can't get any further than this step.

Student
tbergers2
Message 8 of 40 (73,909 Views)

iMac

OSX 10.8.2 - using Safari

Brand New P1102W (although it had OLD Firmware even though I just purchased it this week - why not factory installed???)

Firmware (now) 20120130

Connected via USB

Prints just fine with USB

AirPrint / Wireless No-Joy!

Open Printer Utility -> HTML Config...

gives me this error

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 6 at column 47: Entity 'nbsp' not defined

error on line 12 at column 8: Opening and ending tag mismatch: link line 0 and head

Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

HP LasterJet Professional P1102wUSB

Best Buy store tried telling me to buy the Epson - but I wouldn't listen as I have ALWAYS purchased HP printers over the years - 20+ HP Printers for work and home.  

Please help as I believe I followed your instructions (retraced steps multiple times) but I got the same error as the person running 10.7 above.

10.8 has been out for several months - come on HP.  Lets get this fixed. 

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 9 of 40 (73,721 Views)

Hi nodakmom and tbergers2,

There is an issue accessing the HTML Config on any OS X higher than 10.6 indeed, I really hope it will be sorted shortly.

Please follow the steps below to connect the printer to your wireless network:

1. Turn the product off.
2. Press and hold the wireless button and the cancel button, and then turn the product on.
3. Hold the buttons until all the lights blink in unison, and then release the buttons.

4. Click the Wi-Fi button from teh Mac, then select Join another Network.

5. Click Show Networks and select the printer to create a temporary connection.

Note: The printer SSID should begin with NPI or should include HP, Laserjet or P1100 within its name.

6. Allow 3-4 minutes to allow the temporary connection to fully establish.

7. Open Safari and click the Bookmarks button (1.jpg), then select Bonjour.

8. Double click the printer name to access the EWS page and follow the steps in my previous post, starting from Step 6, to configure the wireless connection of the printer.

(The steps included in the following post).

Once the printer connected to your network (After completing step 10), click the Wi-Fi icon and reconnect the Mac to your home network, then complete the next steps.

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
Raoni
Message 10 of 40 (72,086 Views)

Hello,

I followed all the instructions set above very carefully, but things are not working out for me.

First, I cannot find it through the normal "Open Printer Untility" window on my Mac OS 10.7.5. Basically, in this window I cannot see that buttom HTML config at all. On the HP folder at my library, however, I could find the application "HtmlConfig", but after opeing it it showed the same error as above. (just to make clear, I uninstalled and reinstalled the software different times using the latest software available on HP website and the lastest firmware).

Then I tried to use the ad hoc connection in order to set up the printer directly, but I had no luck either. In fact I cannot even see the printer conection (i.e. HP ....) on my avaliable networks list. The Direct Print Name (SSID) typed directly did not work either. I've tried everthing that was in the manuals: reset to factory settings, turn off/on wireless, configuraton via usb, and nothing worked.

Please help out, because I'm consering very seriosly to return the printer to the shop and get a Samsung printer or something like that, despite my initial preference to HP.

regards,

Raoni

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation