08-20-2012 06:44 PM
We have an HP PHotosmart Plus B209a-m All-in-One. We have a Linksys wireless G2.4 router. We had been connecting to the printer with no problem until we added a WPA passcode so that it will no longer be an open network. Now we cannot connect to the router through our printer wirelessly. We get the following diagnostic summary:
Wireless on - PASS
Wireless working - PASS
Network Name (SSID) Found - FAIL
Our assumption was that when we follow the directions and hit the PUSH button on the printer we should have pushed the Cisco button on the router; but the printer times out without establishing a connection. The light on the router just flashes very quickly, but no connection.
08-20-2012 08:24 PM
Do not use the pushbutton. Connect to the the router manually following the instructions provided. Use WPA2-AES encryption in the router.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network