08-20-2012 06:44 PM
We have an HP PHotosmart Plus B209a-m All-in-One. We have a Linksys wireless G2.4 router. We had been connecting to the printer with no problem until we added a WPA passcode so that it will no longer be an open network. Now we cannot connect to the router through our printer wirelessly. We get the following diagnostic summary:
Wireless on - PASS
Wireless working - PASS
Network Name (SSID) Found - FAIL
Our assumption was that when we follow the directions and hit the PUSH button on the printer we should have pushed the Cisco button on the router; but the printer times out without establishing a connection. The light on the router just flashes very quickly, but no connection.
08-20-2012 08:24 PM
Do not use the pushbutton. Connect to the the router manually following the instructions provided. Use WPA2-AES encryption in the router.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection