08-13-2010 12:40 PM
My HP 1200 won't stop printing. It started printing gobbydygook - 1 line a page - and it won't stop. The document has been deleted on my computer, and the printer ran out of paper. Two weeks later, when I add paper, it starts over again. I unplugged it, and replugged it and it still wants to print this. What do I do?
08-13-2010 01:05 PM
Make sure the document is really deleted in the print queue. You did not say what operating system, I'll assume some Windows.
Start > Control Panel > Printers. Double-click the printer, select File > Cancel all print jobs.
Now, restart your PC.
Finally, turn off the printer, unplug power from the back of the printer (not the wall), wait 30 seconds and plug back in and turn on.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network