08-13-2010 12:40 PM
My HP 1200 won't stop printing. It started printing gobbydygook - 1 line a page - and it won't stop. The document has been deleted on my computer, and the printer ran out of paper. Two weeks later, when I add paper, it starts over again. I unplugged it, and replugged it and it still wants to print this. What do I do?
08-13-2010 01:05 PM
Make sure the document is really deleted in the print queue. You did not say what operating system, I'll assume some Windows.
Start > Control Panel > Printers. Double-click the printer, select File > Cancel all print jobs.
Now, restart your PC.
Finally, turn off the printer, unplug power from the back of the printer (not the wall), wait 30 seconds and plug back in and turn on.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection