how to change printer from USB to wireless,with wired desktop (524 Views)
Teacher
emma22
Message 1 of 14 (524 Views)
Accepted Solution

how to change printer from USB to wireless,with wired desktop

I own a pavilion Elite HPE150f desktop model #AY603AA desktop, I have it wired, using a router/modem combo that can be wireless with high speed internet. windows 7 64 bit op system.

I also have a 7510e photosmart all in one printer cq877A c311a, I now have it connected with a USB cable but would like to make it wireless again to take advantage of the free E FAX and apps, does my desktop have to be wireless to connect it wirelessly or can I just type in my SSID number and network name on my printer, before when I had it wireless everytime we had a power outage my printer lost the internet connection and never would reset itself as it should have.Someone told me that the printer should reset itself and that it was not working correctly. I got tired of phoning cloud services to help me correct the problem which is why I connected it with a USB cable.

Can someone please tell me the best way to set this up, cannot set a static IP address as my ISP server does not use it, I am only using the default password for my network, my ISPserver told me that it would cause more problems for me to set a password as it would be lost everytime we get an outage which is quite often especially in winter, at least 3 x a week, perhaps twice a month the rest of the year. Also the only time I needed the fax I sent 6 pages and the printer said successfull yet only one page was recieved, these were important documents with personal info on them.

If anyone can help me with this Iwould be gratefull. thanks in advance. 

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 14 (517 Views)

Re: how to change printer from USB to wireless,with wired desktop

Hi,

Please download the following tool and run it on your machine which currently connects to the printer using USB cable

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL50403/mp-122330-1/hppiw.exe

It will ask you few things and you have to reply to convert from USB to wireless using information from the EXISTING computer. It will copy SSID, security key ... (no need to enter to the printer) and setup for you.

I've got a loan 7510 and have been testing many times (switch machine, swap routers .... ) no problem at all.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Teacher
emma22
Message 3 of 14 (509 Views)

thanks, will try it when spouse is home, I just had surgery on right shoulder and cannot move it, not too swift with left hand, let u know how it goes.
thanks for taking time to reply.
Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 14 (499 Views)

Hi,

You are welcome and wishing you fast recovery.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Teacher
emma22
Message 5 of 14 (447 Views)

I managed to connect my printer wireless, one thing I do not understand is with hp connected it says none of my devices support these apps so I can only get the few which are on the front of my printer, most of them are just colouring pages for kids. I used my regular email program to send a test email to myself ,1 using my e print name and the other using my FREE e Fax number, they both printed off but do not show in the E Fax account where one can view faxes, I received an email from E Fax saying I was not registered, my fax number shows up on my printer as does my .....@hpeprint.com. Do you have the same thing on yours?
HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 6 of 14 (425 Views)

Hi emma22

I understand some of the HP Connected apps says none of your devices support these apps.

Just to clarify what can I do for you?

Please provide the following information so I can assist you better.

What is the full name and product number of your printer?

What operating system are you using? (winxp, win7, win8, win8.1)

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Teacher
emma22
Message 7 of 14 (420 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for replying, I am using windows 7 - 64 bit home edition, IE 10, my printer is a 7510e photosmart all in one, model # CQ877A , serial # {Private Information Removed} ,on the front of my printer it has my hpeprint address and on the fax it has my fax #.

I can log into my account but in red it says sorry we are unable to complete your login with this info.

I sent myself a test fax and it came through ok, when I sent a test fax to myself using windows live mail it printed ok when I used my E Fax account #,

the same thing when I sent one using my @hpeprint.com address, but I got an email saying that I do not have an Efax account,

On the reading on E Fax it says I cannot send faxes with the free E Fax, and on the electronic reading it says to register with E Fax but when I tried it , it was for the 30 day trial and asked for my credit card.

I do not know if things have changed but I was able to send a free E Fax to cloud services when they helped me set it up before.

As for the apps it has always said that my device cannot recieve these apps, I can only get the kids apps on the front of my printer. I am from Canada and the last time I talked to cloud services they told me that when HP connected took over they left out Canadian customers.

When I set it up to be wireless again I recieved my printer code and I entered it and was able to change my hpe print address without any problems.My printer shows up in the E Fax page when I log in to HP connected.

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 8 of 14 (403 Views)

Hi emma22

I understand you are having issues with the efax and apps.

Here is a url to try to resolve not being able to use the efax. The printer has to registered.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03681923&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

You can only add and remove the apps from the front panel. Very limited selection on this model.

If you need more assistance just let me know.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
bg65
Message 9 of 14 (396 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have a HP c309g-m wireless printer connected with a USB to my PC.  My HP PC with vista 64 bit is running on a wireless connection to the router & is configured and working. I removed the USB to my printer and it has been set up with the router and my test report says all wireless items are working as far as the router is talking to the printer. If I can go wireless to the router why can't I print wireless from the PC?  It's like the PC is not talking to the printer. Help please.

Teacher
emma22
Message 10 of 14 (387 Views)

:heart: I did everything stated on the link you sent me, my hpeprint address shows on my printer, my E Fax # shows on my printer and I recieved a welcome email from E Fax, cannot scan to computer, when I go to check on my settings for my printer without changing anything I lose the internet connection to my printer and have to start from scratch, entering my SSIS and network address.

Yes the apps on this printer are very limited, in Canada I paid $200.00 dollars for it (not cheap) so I would have expected better but it has been a pain since I bought it, in fact the first one would not recognise the photo tray and HP had to replace it. thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation