09-02-2010 07:16 AM
We are campus environment, and have hundreds of HP printers deployed. All of them are connected to the network via TP cables. However, their wireless components are still up, and broadcast under SSID hpsetup, which are detected by our new campus wireless network as rogue AP or adhoc. We want to disable the wireless component inside all HP printers, but find no instructions as how to get this done from HP manuals. Is there anyone knowing how to disable the wireless function in HP printers? Thanks in advance for your help.
09-02-2010 10:21 AM
It varies based on model, but often it is found in: Setup > Network > Wireless Radio on/off
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
09-10-2015 08:11 AM
Can you tell me specifically if this is possible on a CP5525dn and an OfficeJet T120? I am in the same type of environment. Some of my folks would like to purchase these two models, however, I can get them approved unless I can show that we are able to disable the wireless.
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection