09-02-2010 07:16 AM
We are campus environment, and have hundreds of HP printers deployed. All of them are connected to the network via TP cables. However, their wireless components are still up, and broadcast under SSID hpsetup, which are detected by our new campus wireless network as rogue AP or adhoc. We want to disable the wireless component inside all HP printers, but find no instructions as how to get this done from HP manuals. Is there anyone knowing how to disable the wireless function in HP printers? Thanks in advance for your help.
09-02-2010 10:21 AM
It varies based on model, but often it is found in: Setup > Network > Wireless Radio on/off
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
09-10-2015 08:11 AM
Can you tell me specifically if this is possible on a CP5525dn and an OfficeJet T120? I am in the same type of environment. Some of my folks would like to purchase these two models, however, I can get them approved unless I can show that we are able to disable the wireless.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One, ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One, and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4510 and 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Series