09-02-2010 07:16 AM
We are campus environment, and have hundreds of HP printers deployed. All of them are connected to the network via TP cables. However, their wireless components are still up, and broadcast under SSID hpsetup, which are detected by our new campus wireless network as rogue AP or adhoc. We want to disable the wireless component inside all HP printers, but find no instructions as how to get this done from HP manuals. Is there anyone knowing how to disable the wireless function in HP printers? Thanks in advance for your help.
09-02-2010 10:21 AM
It varies based on model, but often it is found in: Setup > Network > Wireless Radio on/off
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network