Question

Top Student
gwbaird
Message 1 of 4 (425 Views)
Accepted Solution

hp 5510 reset

[ Edited ]

I was setting the IP on my HP 5510 to a static IP when I saved the settings without changing the DNS. Now I can't log into the printer with either the old IP or the new one.

Is there a way to reset the printer's wireless settings to the original default settings so I can start over or did I permanantly break my printer's wireless access?

Also, I doing this remotely for my wife, I wasn't in the same room as the printer and computer. I've searched the forums but cannot find anything on this topic. If it's been covered, I apologize for the redundancy.

Thanks

EDIT: I found the answer through a websearch.

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 4 (395 Views)

Re: hp 5510 reset

I will gladly assist you with your problem.

Do you have the Officejet 5510 or the HP PhotoSmart 5510? 

What is your product number on the back of the printer?

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Top Student
gwbaird
Message 3 of 4 (389 Views)

Once I was in the same room as the printer it was easy.

There's a menu option.

Is there a way to close this thread so it doesn't waste anyone's time?
Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 4 of 4 (385 Views)

You don't have to delete the post. It is ok. I am glad to hear everything is working great for you. If you run into any problems or have any questions, feel free to ask.

""Click the WHITE STAR if you would like to say THANKS""

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation