04-05-2014 06:08 AM
my 7520 all in one seems to download the recent update but then I get the message "Updating.....Do not power off the printer." and it is frozen. I have tried restoring it to factory defaults and restarting the router, I re-installed all of the original software and nothing works. The powerbutton won't shut it off so I have to unplug it and then when i plug it back in the whole problem starts all over again. Everytime I restart it, it eventually goes back to try reupdating and locks up so the whole machine is basically useless.
04-07-2014 02:17 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the printer freezing when it is attempting to do updates. Please make sure that you have the printer power cable connected directly to a wall outlet and not into a power bar/strip. HP printers already have a built in surge protector and if you have it connected to a bar/strip, the printer will not get all the power needed to function properly. Here is a link that explains the Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector.
Please let me know if you require additional assistance on this matter.
Thank you for your time.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network