Question

Top Student
Merlou
Message 1 of 6 (258 Views)
Accepted Solution

hp Deskjet 2540 all in one impression sans routeur

[ Edited ]

Bonjour,

je veux imprimer en Wifi mais sans routeur avec un Mac. Je peux voir l'imprimante avec airport mais on me demande un code WAP.

si quelqu'un a une idée où le trouver?

merci d'avance

Hello,
I want to print but without WiFi router with a Mac. I can see the printer with airport but wonder WAP code.
if someone has an idea where to find it?
thank you in advance

HP Support Agent
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 6 (238 Views)

Re: hp Deskjet 2540 all in one impression sans routeur

Hello Merlou,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you would like to print without a router using the Deskjet 2540. What is your operating system on your Mac computer? Click here to find out.

You're able to use Wireless Direct which is a added feature with your printer or you can connect with a USB cord. I will provide the Manual here, on page 53 explains how to setup Wireless Direct.

Also, do you have have a router? In order to use AirPrint you have to be connected over a wireless network, this information is stated here.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great night!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Merlou
Message 3 of 6 (222 Views)

hello

thanks for answer. I run a snow leopard 10.6.8

I don't have any router at all

with USB cable no problem but I wanted try just with WIFI to know how it works and also because I have also an I.Pad and he will only work with WIFI or Air print I suppose

i'll read the manual page 53

I finded this but I still don't know what to do???

anyway thank's in advance for your answer and have lots of fun

Philippe

HP Support Agent
Cheetah12
Message 4 of 6 (188 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you for this updated information.

Yes, you can use Wireless Direct to print from you Mac computer and iPad. I will provide a different HP document on Printing from an Apple or Android Mobile Device with HP Wireless Direct. Now, you can use the AirPrint feature on your iPad using wireless direct: (This information is from the HP document.)

Step one: Turn on HP wireless direct:
  1. On the printer's control panel, press and hold the Wireless Direct button ( ) for 3 seconds. The Wireless Direct setup instructions print.
  2. Follow the instructions to connect your mobile device or computer to the printer without a router.

To find the Wireless Direct Password:

On your HP printer's control panel, touch the Wireless icon ( ). The Connected/Disconnected screen displays with the HP printer's IP address and the 8-digit WPA2 password.

To setup your Mac computer, follow this HP document on HP wireless direct. Click on "How to use HP wireless direct connection".

If you have any further questions, please let me know. Have a good night!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Merlou
Message 5 of 6 (174 Views)

hello

thanks a lot for your answer.

Now with the WPA2 n° and all your explanation it works on my I.Pad and also on my computeur.

have lots of fun

Philippe

Top Student
Merlou
Message 6 of 6 (166 Views)

Sorry also I for got to say That as it was explain in your link, I had to register my printer, in an other Way to work with wireless direct. When I print I choose one or the other, depending on my Way to print
Again really tanks for All
Philippe
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation