Question

Top Student
Sayayin
Message 1 of 28 (14,345 Views)

hp deskjet 3052a Can't connect wirelessly

This is the second time I've had this issue, the first time with the HP deskjet 3050 and now the same problem with the 3052a.

When I installed both printers wirelessly on my PC I had no problem whatsoever but when I tried to install any of these 2 printers on my Laptop, the installer is stuck on the "Checking Network Environment" section, green bar full. I even let it all night long and I had no change.

Now here's the thing, I entered the printer's ip address and on the 'status' section it says its ONLINE. I even printed out the Network Configuration Page as well as the Printer Status Report wirelessly through the ip address from my laptop so the main problem is that the installer doesn't go past the "Checking network environment" section of the installation in my laptop.

Laptop: Acer Aspire 7740-5691

Printer Installer name: HP DEskjet 3050A j611 series

I already tried :

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Networking-and-Wireless/HP-Deskjet-3050A-J611-series-doesn-t-pr...

But didn't work for me. I can install the printer with the usb cable but the main reason I bought it was for its wireless features.

Also, when I select Add Printer form the Windows Control Panel, said windows freezes, so it doesn't find the printer that way either.

Please help, I've always been a good HP client and I don't want to return it for a better printing experience.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 28 (14,341 Views)

Re: hp deskjet 3052a Can't connect wirelessly

Download and run this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

What does it say?

I am employed by HP
Top Student
Sayayin
Message 3 of 28 (14,294 Views)

What it has told me before:

Printer Missing.

I have the Installation CD but it's the same, the installation process is stuck in the Process mentioned on my 1rst post.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jcgcd.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/o32pC.jpg[/IMG]

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 28 (14,287 Views)

Do you have security software on your PC that may be in the way?  Specifically, does it have its own firewall?  If so, disable the firewall and try again.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
Sayayin
Message 5 of 28 (14,276 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have no other firewall software aside form the Windows Firewall, which I disabled prior to running the program called "Hp Deskjet 3050A j611 series", and I also disabled the antivirus program temporarily but no, still stuck on the "Checking Network environment" section.

I also tried running it as admin, but had same results.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 6 of 28 (14,245 Views)

OK, when you (re) install the HP software, make sure your system is as you would usually have it - Windows firewall and your antivirus.  The installer will configure both so that they will work with your printer.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
Sayayin
Message 7 of 28 (14,221 Views)

[ Edited ]

Nothing new. Uninstalled, Restarted, Reinstalled. same problem.

I give up. I'm gonna return it and get a normal wired printer.

Thanks for the help, though.

Top Student
sparkle20
Message 8 of 28 (14,168 Views)

Hi I have just read this thread and I am having exactly the same problem after buying this printer yesterday.  I have just downloaded the HP Home Network Diagnostic Utility, it identified that my printer is on the network, so I clicked to next step and it displayed 'software missing!' so I have downloaded the driver from the HP site, despite already installing it via the CD (and knowing it was all there installed successfully) but when I rerun the connection diagnostic it still displays that the software is missing.

Please could you help me with what I should try next.  Thank you

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 9 of 28 (14,158 Views)

I am looking into this for you with some HP collegues, in the mean time:  Is, perhaps, either your computer or your printer on a neighbor's network or a guest network?

I am employed by HP
Top Student
sparkle20
Message 10 of 28 (14,153 Views)

Hi, no definitely not, it's connected to my own. my printer is a deskjet 3050a (not 3052a as in subject line) by the way and is successfully linked with my main pc wirelessly which is XP professional but I am trying to connect 2 laptops to it wirelessly, one of which is Vista and one Windows 7.

I have printed off via HP on the internet the HP Network Configuration Page. The printer status report which shows connectivity settings and also my wireless network settings...just in case you need any info from these.

Many thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation