Question

Top Student
croftk
Message 1 of 7 (2,752 Views)
Accepted Solution

hp deskjet 3052a works on my wifi after I reset the printer/ router/modem - but fails later

I got my HP Deskjet 3052a to work from PC, MAC, iphone and ipad on my Airlink wifi after I reset the printer - router - modem.

It fails when I try to use it later in the day - unless I rest everything again.

Do I have to reset every time I print???

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 7 (2,729 Views)

Re: hp deskjet 3052a works on my wifi after I reset the printer/ router/modem - but fails later

It sounds like the printer may not have a stable wifi connection.

What is the exact brand and model of the router?  I see Airlink was mentioned, but there usually is a more specific model listed somewhere on the router.

Try setting a static IP address according to step six of this document from HP.  A static IP address is something I recommend for any printer and it helps create a more stable connection.

Let me know what happens.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Top Student
croftk
Message 3 of 7 (2,726 Views)

Re: hp deskjet 3052a works on my wifi after I reset the printer/ router/modem - but fails later

Thank you for your response.

The airlink model was AR 525-w.

After many hours of HP suport having me reset my system and losing connections later in the day - they sent me to Airlink and Verizon.

The Airlink people no longer support my router.

My ISP - Verizon is sending me a new router/modem.

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 4 of 7 (2,702 Views)

It sounds like a resolution may have been reached.

Let me know what happens when the new router is setup.

Some things to keep in mind is that the Deskjet 3052A is a USB to Wireless printer.  This means that the printer will need to be connected to the new router.

Review this document from HP for your respective operating system.  There are two methods of getting the printer connected to the new router:

1.  USB to wireless is the primary method for this printer.  This is essentially reinstalling the printer on the computer and selecting the Network option.  If you choose this method, I recommend uninstalling the printer from the computer before starting so that what you see matches the document exactly.  This will require a computer on the same wireless network and a USB cable to transmit the network information to the printer.

2.  WiFi Protected Setup (WPS).  This option involves going to Wireless>Settings>WiFi Protected Setup.  This method is completely dependent on the router supporting this option.  Once WiFi protected setup is enabled on the printer, the WPS button can be pressed on the router and the two devices will negotiate the connection.  This is simpler than the first option, but the first option generally has a greater chance of success.

Let me know what happens.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Top Student
croftk
Message 5 of 7 (2,688 Views)

The new modem/router solved my disconnect problem - but i still cant connect my imac running Mac OS X 10.5.8.

I am connected to the wireless network - i.e. - I can get to the internet but cant connect deskjet - by the way I now hace a model 3520e - instead of the 3052.

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 6 of 7 (2,639 Views)

Is the Mac the only device having an issue?

Is the Deskjet 3520's wireless light a solid blue light or a flashing blue light?

It does sound like the Mac may be the only one having an issue now, but I want to be certain as the steps will vary depending on if the other devices are working properly and I do not want to waste your time with needless steps.

Signature
Student
MrUnderArmourX4
Message 7 of 7 (989 Views)

I have a Deskjet 3052A All-In-One that I'm trying to setup on my MacBook Pro running 10.9.2 Mavericks OS X.

I have had this printer for about two years and had it setup. All of a sudden, one day, it completely stops printing from our iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, etc. 

So, now, I'm trying to figure out how to get it up and going again. 

I've tried changing my wireless router password, and tried anything and everything I've found through the typical cookie-cutter HP support pages generated by the customer support department. Now, I'm looking for some person-to-person help, since none of the stuff they've suggested through the support pages is working. 

I've tried the WPS Pin and WPS Push-Button setup methods. I've tried changing other configurations in my network preferences, etc. NOTHING is working. I'm still able to print via USB, but sometimes, when I'm not home with my MBP, my wife prints things from her iPad. It used to let her print from her iPad, iPhone, or my MacBook Pro. Now, nothing is working. 

I need some kind of help, please. 

Again, it is a Deskjet 3052A AIO system. Please don't just give me the usual, try the WPS Push-Button, or WPS Pin setup. I've tried that. Obviously, something else is wrong here. 

Are there any other tricks I can try in changing my network setup? I tried uninstalling my HP software, etc. If I could find my setup CD, I think I'd be fine, since I uninstalled it, and would now just need to reinstall it. The drivers and stuff on the support page do nothing. I CAN print via USB. I'm looking to get this setup to my wireless router again, though. 

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation