Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

the print/scan doctor can't detect the problem... When I press scan on my printer, my laptop doesn't show up!

HP Recommended

Hi achoud88,

Solved! Go to Solution.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

I followed all of your directions exactly (i work in IT) and now have this error message when launching HP Solution Center.

"HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete".

I deactivated my firewall and antivirus during set up and had the cord properly connected.

I can print wirelessly, but when trying to scan their are no options for selection.  This is the exactly same thing that was happening before I spent 2.5 hours this morning trying to resolve this issue with no solution yet.

Previously before messing with your directions I could launch HP Solution Center but it said UpgradePrinter disconnected.

Any idea why I am having such a big problem scanning.  Following multiple work arounds to get scanning functionality from officejet 4500 g10n-z is ridiculous.  This should work OUT OF THE BOX.

Any other ideas or work arounds that might solve this scanning issue?  How can this device be connected to my wireless network and other devices can print to it.  Yet when I place a paper to scan and select scan it cant find any devices to scan too?

Also, how do I get HP Solution Center working?  I followed all your directions - I dont mind trying certain steps again - but to do the whole list of steps a second time for something that might work is a waste of my time honestly.

HP Recommended

Hi JKN83,

I'd like to help you get the software installed correctly, can you tell me which operating system you are using please?

Please take a look at this thread I posted on and follow the instructions. I know some of these steps are going to duplicate what you have already done. Let me know what happens. I'd like to know if you can scan from Paint. > Unable to Scan

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I am using Windows 8 64-bit.

I am at work right now so I will check your link and try the steps when I have time sometime this week or weekend.

HP Recommended

Followed instructions but still get

Untitled.png

HP Recommended

Hey guys.  I found a solution I wanted to share.

REVERT BACK TO WINDOWS 7.

This fixed my printer issues.

This fixed my WD Passport NAS issues.

Conclusion Windows 8 sucks

HP Recommended

Hi JKN83,

Thank you for letting us know what it took to resolve the issue for you.

pbuttros,

I see you are getting an error about a missing file while trying to install. Please post back with the answers to the following questions;

1. What printer(s) are currently installed on the computer?
  2. How is the printer connected (USB/ wireless/ wired/ Bluetooth)? Have you tried an alternate connection type?
  3. What is the Operating System of the computer? Which Windows operating system am I running?
  4. If Windows, have you ran the PSDR? If so, what are the results?
  5. What Firewalls and Anti-virus software are installed? Have you tried disabling or uninstalling them, and trying to install again?
  6. Did you have this printer installed on this computer previously?
  7. Is the printer plugged into the wall outlet, or surge protector?
  8. Have you done all the Windows updates?
  9. Is this an HP computer or a different brand?

While I wait to hear back from you, please try the HP Print Install Wizard. The HP Printer Install Wizard for Window was created to help Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer.

To download and run the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows (click here)

Let me know the outcome of the Print Install Wizard as well as the answers to the questions above, thanks.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I have this printer and i dont have the disk.  My previous computer (Vista) i was able to download the drives and get hp document manager to scan.  Now i cant find that and the software wont down load saying a run time error with microsoft visual C+++ on the new computer Windows 8.1 please help

HP Recommended

Hi @brennan1020

1. Hold down the Windows Logo key () on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box, type %temp%
  2. Delete all files and folders from the temp folder. Choose skip if any pop ups appear saying any of the files could not be deleted
  3. Download the software and choose to save as, save to desktop > OJ_AIO_4500_G510n-z_Full_Win_WW_140_408-4.exe
  4. Download and install this Patch Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error
  5. After the software from step 3 downloads and extracts, open the temp folder again, use the instructions from step 1.
  6. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
  7. Open folder Util
  8. Open folder CCC
  9. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe
  10. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
  11. Follow these steps to reset the registry settings and options for Windows Installer.

• Hold down the Windows Logo key on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box
    • In the Open box, type msiexec /unregister, and then click OK.
    • Hold down the Windows Logo key on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box
    • In the Open box, type msiexec /regserver, and then click OK
       *Note: there is a space between the c and the /

If you have any difficulty with this step, please use this link to perform it another way. Restarting Windows Installer

12. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tool < How to Delete files using Disk Cleanup
  13. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
  14. Restart the computer
  15. Download and run the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows

The HP Printer Install Wizard for Window was created to help Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer.

If you can not complete any of these steps, please stop and post back to let me know where you got stuck. Skipping a step and continuing to the next step will not accomplish what we need to. If you get stuck I will help you through it.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue. I hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.