09-02-2010 09:31 AM
Bought the 4500. Installed the software on my two kids laptops. Wireless works great on both of their computers. Loaded the exact same thing on my laptop...it will not connect. It goes all the way through the wizard, recognizes the printer and the wireless network, but says I should check firewall. Checked firewall, it says it is letting all HP software through. Help.
02-27-2012 08:29 AM
After seeing several people with the same problem with the HP Officejet 4500 dropping the wireless connection and HP tech support offering no successful assistance, I returned the printer and bought a Canon Pixma MP495 and was connected wirelessly and printing in under 15 minutes.
09-15-2013 09:58 PM
Use a USB cord to connect my wireless to my laptop. Has been working fine. Took my laptop on vacation with me and now the printer won't work.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network