09-02-2010 09:31 AM
Bought the 4500. Installed the software on my two kids laptops. Wireless works great on both of their computers. Loaded the exact same thing on my laptop...it will not connect. It goes all the way through the wizard, recognizes the printer and the wireless network, but says I should check firewall. Checked firewall, it says it is letting all HP software through. Help.
02-27-2012 08:29 AM
After seeing several people with the same problem with the HP Officejet 4500 dropping the wireless connection and HP tech support offering no successful assistance, I returned the printer and bought a Canon Pixma MP495 and was connected wirelessly and printing in under 15 minutes.
09-15-2013 09:58 PM
Use a USB cord to connect my wireless to my laptop. Has been working fine. Took my laptop on vacation with me and now the printer won't work.
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection