Question

Student
kyallen
Message 1 of 2 (850 Views)

hp officejet 6500 e709n series wireless network connection issues

My HP officejet 6500 e709n series all-in-one printer was working perfectly fine the last time I used it (admittedly a couple of months ago).  Now it seems like the printer thinks it is connected to the wireless network, but the computer thinks it isn't.  I have run the wireless network test report off the printer a couple of times.  The first time it said it couldn't detect any issues.  The second time it said the only possible issue is that "MAC address filtering may be enabled on your wireles router".  I have NO IDEA how to turn that off.  I also don't know why this would suddenly be an issue since the printer was working fine a couple of months ago and we haven't changed anything since then.  I have also run the network configuration page off the printer and it seems to think everything is fine.

When I run the troubleshooter off my computer (hp pavilion running Windows 7) it says "Printer hp officejet 6500 e709n series fax cannot be contacted over the network".  I am getting very frustrated.  How do I fix this problem?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 2 (827 Views)

Re: hp officejet 6500 e709n series wireless network connection issues

What router?  What operating system?  Have you run the Wireless Setup WIzard from the Network menu on the front of the printer?  Do that.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation