04-02-2013 02:34 PM
I just bought a HP Officejet 6600, I ran the software for mac 10.8 and that all worked well but when I tried to add the computer to my list of printers in the system preferences it said that the software from the software update was not available.
04-03-2013 10:50 AM
Before you add the printer, run a Software Update (Apple menu > Software Update).
If that does not work, download and install this: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907
Restart your Mac.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network