05-27-2012 06:26 PM
I have the printer connected to the router and to the internet. When I try to connect to eprint through the printer and on the HP site I
get a"server connection error" printer unable to connect to server
05-27-2012 07:44 PM
Let's set a static IP address and external DNS for the printer:
- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 126.96.36.199 for the first DNS and 188.8.131.52 for the second DNS. This is Google DNS. You can choose another external DNS if you wish.
- Click 'Apply'.
Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.
After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network