hp photosmart 5510 printer (116 Views)
Student
cinderelli
Message 1 of 2 (116 Views)

hp photosmart 5510 printer

I have the printer connected to the router and to the internet.  When I try to connect to eprint through the printer and on the HP site I

get a"server connection error"  printer unable to connect to server

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 2 (114 Views)

Re: hp photosmart 5510 printer

Let's set a static IP address and external DNS for the printer:

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS. This is Google DNS. You can choose another external DNS if you wish.
- Click 'Apply'.

Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.

After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation