Question

Honor Student
shakepoundsoff
Message 1 of 2 (316 Views)

i changed my internet security from wep to wpa and now my internet does not pic up my 1102w

I updated my internet security from wep to wpa my internet is not recognizing my wireless printer hp 1102w

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 2 (291 Views)

Re: i changed my internet security from wep to wpa and now my internet does not pic up my 1102w

What brand and model is the router?

Is the wireless light on the printer a flashing light or a solid light?

Changing wireless settings, including the security type, will cause a wifi network to be seen as a different network even with the SSID remaining the same.  More than likely, the printer needs to be reconnected to the network.

There are two ways to accomplish this task.

The first method is to use the WPS (wifi protected setup) feature of the router.  Not all routers have this feature and you may need to contact the provider to find out if it does or does not.  The printer's wifi light should be flashing at this point since the security type was changed.  WPS works by pressing the WPS button on the router and the printer will negotiate the connection with the router.  This method does have a risk with it as some routers will scramble the network password when using WPS which results in wireless devices getting disconnected from the network.  Most routers do not disconnect devices when using WPS, but I have seen it before.

Because of the risk of devices getting disconnected using WPS, I recommend using the USB to wireless method using the software on a computer.  This method will require a computer that is on the wifi network and a USB cable. I recommend uninstalling the software before continuing.

From a fresh start, begin installing the printer software and connect the USB cable when prompted.  Select a network install when asked what type of setup you want.  The installer should get the printer on the network at this point.  At the end, disconnect the USB cable when prompted.

More information can be found here.  This document will provide the steps to get the printer installed and on a network.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation