01-15-2012 03:08 PM
I want to connect my 8600 plus via usb cable to my primary computer and wireless to other computers - can I do this and how? set it up as wirelss and then connect to usb?
01-17-2012 12:19 PM
Yes, set it up as a wireless printer first and get all of your computers printing with it.
You can even connect it over the network to your primary computer and not use USB, even if your primary computer is not wireless. As long as it is connected to your wireless router (wired or wireless) it will work.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network