instructions on how to setup CP1518ni to printer wirelessly (1807 Views)
Honor Student
Alpineskier
Message 1 of 6 (1,807 Views)

instructions on how to setup CP1518ni to printer wirelessly

I have a laserjet CP1518ni, which I believe is a wireless printer.  I cannot determine from the HP website how to setup this printer to print wirelessly.  I have a Dell running on Windows XP and a Mac Book. 

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 6 (1,782 Views)

Re: instructions on how to setup CP1518ni to printer wirelessly

Hi,

Your printer is NOT wireless READY therefore you need to connect it using a CAT5e or CAT6 cable to a wireless router. Please use this document (page #13) to setup:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00389927.pdf

You also need driver for your Dell & Mac Book machines. You can find drivers and applications for both machines from the following site:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3422472

Finally, this is the manual for the whole series:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01070718.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Alpineskier
Message 3 of 6 (1,775 Views)

Thank you for the feedback.  The Dell computer is connected to the printer via USB cable and I am working to connect the Mac via wireless.  Am I correct that this setup will work, i.e., one computer wired to the printer and the other connecting wirelessly? 

Honor Student
Alpineskier
Message 4 of 6 (1,759 Views)

My Dell is hardwired to the dsl modem. I hooked up the ethernet cable from the printer to the modem and printed a document, which works.  The Mac is operating wirelessly with the modem.  This is the computer I am attempting to use to print wirelessly.  I changed the driver on this machine, the printer shows IPV4, which I understand to indicate the wireless radio is on?  The printer instructions indicate that I should be able to search for the access point on the printer, but I cannot find this action.  With these changes, I cannot get the Mac to find the printer. 

Provost
banhien
Message 5 of 6 (1,757 Views)

Hi,

Sorry I'm not fimilar with MAC machine but the document says bot MAC machine and the printer must be in a same Wireless network.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
DrNorman
Message 6 of 6 (398 Views)

What is the next step once I connect the printer to the wireless router?  Should the printer connect automatically?  Thanks!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation