Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a similar experience to the users reporting problems above.  I think there is nothing wrong with the printer, but the driver does not work with Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) as advertised.

I was able to download the HP driver and run the install, then successfully printed both with USB and wirelessly - exactly once.  When I attempted to use it again today, the printer queue reported that the printer was offline.  The printer displayed (and printed a page with) the correct wireless information and the blue light indicated the wireless was turned on. 

I then deleted both versions of the printer from the system list, and tried to run the installer again from scratch.  This time, after plugging in the USB cable and trying to "add" the new device, I got the message "software unavailable" that was described in a previous post.  So now I can't use the printer at all, either in its USB or wireless incarnation.  Most irritating.

Unfortunately, my experience with HP printers continues...they are poorly made and the software is extremely buggy.  I've had luck in the past doing a manual install and ignoring the supplied software, and I guess that's what I will have to do now.

HP Recommended

OK, now I sort of got it to work.  I followed the instructions above to set up the printer manually (Mac OS X Lion).   As before, it only worked once, then for subsequent print requests I got the "Looking for printer...printer offline" message again.  When I changed networks to "HP Setup" and checked the status of the wireless network on safari (for some reason that seems to be a required step), I was able to print again.

So I guess that is HP's version of a wireless printer.  Still, I should be thankful it's useful as something more than a door stop.

Would anyone from HP care to comment on when a working driver for this printer on Lion will be available?

HP Recommended
YES, THIS WORKED FOR ME!! THANK YOU, YOU SAVED ME ENDLESS HOURS OF NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO! 😉
HP Recommended

I followed all these instruction but now wizard setup doesn't work it keep giving me interal system error or invalid 

certificate.

What should i do?

HP Recommended

What version of OS X?  What router?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Just wanted to share that this solution worked for me. I don't know how I found it because I had spent severral days looking for a solution before I posted my original problem.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Networking-and-Wireless/HP-Deskjet-3050-J610-Cannot-Connect-Wir...

Thanks!!:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.