Question

Honor Student
puppeteerms
Message 1 of 6 (1,380 Views)
Accepted Solution

kodak esp c315

Help!!! I have a Kodak ESP C315 all in one printer and an HP laptop running windows 8.  I can print to my printervia wireless hotspot but my printer/scanner won't connect to my laptop via wireless hotspot to scan.  How do I fix this?

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 6 (1,375 Views)

Re: kodak esp c315

Hi,

The printer is a Kodak product, is it a new printer or you've got a new computer ? If new computer, you need to get the right driver for you Kodak printer from the following link:

http://support.kodak.com/app/intfSel/intf_redirect/L2FwcC9hbnN3ZXJzL2xpc3QvYy84OTAvb3JpZ19pbnRmL2tvZ...==

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
puppeteerms
Message 3 of 6 (1,374 Views)

Thank you BH for replying.

It is a new laptop - HP Pavillion with windows 8, a little older Kodak ESP C315 printer.  I have the most recent driver installed. The scanner was working using wireless hotspot, but now list on printer scan to <USB-connected computer> and won't allow a wireless scan. Both printer and computer connect to hotspot and I can print from computer, but cannot scan initiated from printer. Any other ideas?

Puppeteerms

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 6 (1,366 Views)

Hi,

Sorry again, this forum is for HP products.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
puppeteerms
Message 5 of 6 (1,355 Views)

The driver software was updated 5-9-2013 so it was newer than the one I had from 3 weeks previous.  I don't know what it was that changed, but I was able to scan. Also, I had to scan from the laptop controls rather than the printer/scanner control board, but that was fine. Thanks for the website, BH. It worked. I wasn't sure if the problem was with the computer or the printer, or both. But whichever, downloading the new driver worked.

Provost
banhien
Message 6 of 6 (1,351 Views)

Hi,

You are welcome. We can say both but the driver is the key. I've posted many stories about Microsoft and Apple but just stories, they won't change their practices.

Regards. 

BH
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation