Question

Honor Student
wenmor18
Message 1 of 4 (1,698 Views)

my deskjet 6980 is 'offline' and won't print.

Report page shows that status is ready and connection is wired but the printer is offline and I cannot get it back online.

Teacher
pctech33
Message 2 of 4 (1,685 Views)

Re: my deskjet 6980 is 'offline' and won't print.

go to print, then right click on the printer and click use printer offline to take of the check that makes you print offline....hope this helps
Message 3 of 4 (1,674 Views)

Thank you but I wish it were that easy. I have tried that at the start but it doesn't seem to be the issue. .If I do what you said, there is no check next to "use printer offline". I even tried clicking it and then it registers "offline-offline". I have spent hours trying to fix this including resetting my router, my laptop, my modem, all to no avail. I printed a test page and it says the status of my printer is "ready". I've checked all wires to all items to be sure the connections are solid. My printer is wired to my router but I have capability to print wirelessly from my laptop. I would appreciate any further suggestions. I have been without a printer for 3+ weeks and I'm reaching extreme frustration!
Top Student
RMPrudent
Message 4 of 4 (1,503 Views)

I'm wondering if you ever got a helpful response or solved your problem.  I have the 6980, and this has happened several times.  Usually when I change print cartridges or lose power or turn it off for some reason.  Last time, it just sort of started working while I was turning it off and on, unplugging and replugging it in, etc.  The first time, I lost a whole lot of time reseatting things, troubleshooting, reinstalling the printer, etc.  Frankly, I think it's a glitch in this particular printer, but no one has said that. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation