my hp photosmart printer keeps going offline why is this (29240 Views)
Student
mandy1106
Message 1 of 59 (29,240 Views)
Accepted Solution

my hp photosmart printer keeps going offline why is this

my hp photosmart printer keeps going offline why is this happening and how do i fix it my printer and laptop a G62 are both wireless

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 59 (29,205 Views)

Re: my hp photosmart printer keeps going offline why is this

What printer?  What operating system?  What router?

I am employed by HP
j_n Student
Student
j_n
Message 3 of 59 (28,521 Views)

printre is hp photosmart premium c310..i sometimes lose connection w/my computer but it comes right back. the printer does not, keeps going off line, i have to uninstall then reinstall then it works again for a while.  operating system is windows vista.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 59 (28,506 Views)

When the printer is showing 'offline' download and run this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

What does it say?

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
rtahearn
Message 5 of 59 (28,427 Views)

Thank you that utility. It performed a diagnostic and restored the printer to online series. I believe that since my J6480 is on my wireless network it sometimes loses its place in the world. I have been reinstalling the device which creates a new connection (copy2, 3, etc.). HPHNDU worked fine. Thanks for your help.

Bob

Top Student
Chelby
Message 6 of 59 (27,870 Views)

What about for macs?  I am actually stuck right now with "offline" yet my wireless is working fine.  Diagnostic page says all is well.

I am using Mac 0.6.8.  I use Cisco wireless.  I have to reinstall constantly.  (In other news, I did not understand that the scan function did not work off the computer directly with Leopard.  Photo printing is great, though).

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 7 of 59 (27,807 Views)

If you are using Snow Leopard or Lion and have HP software for pre-Snow Leopard (either from a CD not marked as compatible with 10.6 or you recently upgraded to Snow Leopard or Lion and had the HP software on your Mac before you upgraded - even if you did a standard uninstall of the old software or installed new software over the top of it) you must uninstall the software using the 'scrubber' option:

Go to Applications/Hewlett Packard/ click on HP Uninstaller
Click on Continue
Highlight your device on the left pane
Press and hold Control + Alt + Cmd keys on the keyboard simultaneously while you click on Uninstall <<<< This IS the Scrubber Option, there is no button labeled "Scrubber"
There will be a pop up that asks if you are sure you want to uninstall ALL hp software. (At this point, if you continue, any HP printers you have installed will need to be reinstalled)
Click Continue and let it finish

Restart your Mac

Now reset the printing system:

- Sys Prefs, Print & Fax
- Right (control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add it. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
redwes
Message 8 of 59 (27,575 Views)

Re: my hp psc 1215 printer keeps going offline why is this. I use windows 7 - help

My printer keeps going offline and usually come s back but this time it has been off for several days and just wont come back on line. it has never been the same since I bought my new comouter that was when this seemd to have started becoing very tempremental.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 9 of 59 (27,537 Views)

Re: my hp psc 1215 printer keeps going offline why is this. I use windows 7 - help

What operating system?  What router?

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
redwes
Message 10 of 59 (27,391 Views)

Operating system is Windows 7 and my router is Netgear. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation