HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
03-06-2012 08:37 PM
Uplug power from the back of the printer for 30 seconds or so.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos star in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
03-07-2012 02:03 PM
- Verify that power outlet is working with a lamp or other appliance.
- Verify power cord and power module are correct parts for that specific printer.
- Remove power cord and power module from printer and power outlet. Separate power cord and module (let stand for 15 seconds)
- Plug Power Cord into Power Module (plug firmly together)
- Plug Power Cord with module directly into WALL outlet (Remove any surge protector or extension cords and plug printer cord directly into wall socket)
- Check to see if power cord or module has LED light.
- If has LED make sure it is glowing (if not glowing then replace power cord and module)
- If no LED skip to step 7.
- Plug cord into printer - make sure it is plugged in properly and firmly.
- Press power button on printer to power up. If does not power up first time hit power button a few times to see if it works.
- IF you happen to have another printer with same power cord configuration (fits specs) try steps 1-8 again.
- IF printer will not power up at this point, then replace the printer.