HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-11-2012 01:04 PM
my hp wireless printer prints from computer, but not ipad or i phone. officejet 7500a no wires hooked up. wireless is working. router works and network works. please help
04-11-2012 02:21 PM
I assume you have enabled Web Services from the front of the printer?
First, try restarting your router by pulling its power plug momentarily.
If that does not work, let's set a static IP address & external DNS for the printer:
- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 188.8.131.52 for the first DNS and 184.108.40.206 for the second DNS.
- Click 'Apply'.
Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos star in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP