my officejet 6500 e710a-f wont print wirelessly windows 7 (2560 Views)
Honor Student
Jakki92
Message 1 of 4 (2,560 Views)

my officejet 6500 e710a-f wont print wirelessly windows 7

Ok so I'm having issues with printing wirelessly. I have my printer hooked up to my the main house hold desktop and it is also connected to my router and is online via ethernet cable.

On the HP website I am instructed to go to the printer menue and touch:

setup>network>wireless setup wizard.

I am not seeing the wireless option. I am a bit confused because the printer itself has the name printed under the touch screen "HP officejet 6500A" I know that the 6500A is ethernet only, however, once installed into my computer the name for my printer somes up as "HP officejet 6500 e710a-f" are they the same thing? I have been told that the 6500 e710a-f is a wireless printer though.

anyway, when I follow the prompt and touch "setup" on the printer screen and then "network" I am taken to the following oftions:

network Summary

advanced setup

Restore defaults

all these options are useles to me right now so I touched the question mark that brought up what looks like an explination for each of the previouly listed options, including "wireless" however I have no wireless option under my network menu.

I don't have a "network" option on the home screen either.

Is my printer simply not a wireless printer?

Thanks!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 4 (2,551 Views)

Re: my officejet 6500 e710a-f wont print wirelessly windows 7

Yup, it is simply not a wireless printer.

You can, however, connect the printer to your router with an Ethernet cable and will be able to print from any computer whether it is connected by ethernet or wireless.  Your router does not care.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
Jakki92
Message 3 of 4 (2,547 Views)

Well, my printer is connected to my router via ethernet. It is also part of my "home group" it is shared with every computer in my home. Can i print to this printer from my laptop, without having to haul it into the office and connecting via usb? cuz thats what im currently having to do.
Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 4 (2,538 Views)

Yup, you can as long as the laptop is connected to the same network as the printer.

First, get teh printer's IP address from a Network Test on the front panel.  Type that IP address into the address bar of a web browser.  Can you "see" the printer?

If not, download and run this utility:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/p...

What does it say?

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation