Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

For those of you who are still having trouble with this issue, here is what worked for me. I am running an iMac with 10.8.3 connected to an HP Photosmart 5520 series printer.  From the HP website, I went to their printer trouble-shooting link.  Here there were several recommended fixes.  The only fix that worked was this:  1) Turn off the printer, but leave it plugged in; 2) Shut the computer down; 3) Turn off (recycle) the modem/router; then 4) Restart the devices in reverse order beginning with the router.  The computer immediately found the printer, and the connection has remained stable.  Prior to finding this fix, I had tried everything on this page, including fiddling with IP addresses and subnet entries.  None of that worked.  Clearly, the basic problem remains a software compatibility issue starting with Apple's Airprint, since there seems to be no similar problem with PCs. 

HP Recommended

My macbook pro (running OS 10.6.8) is connected to my Clear wireless router (the printer used to work wirelessly with Comcast/Airport until I switched to Clear).

My hp CM1415 printer is also connected to the router, and the macbook pro seems to be aware of the printer, but says "printer is offline" when I try to print WITHOUT using the usb cable. (It's on, and in ready mode.)

I also have to use a usb thumbdrive in order to get a scan from the printer to the mac, but isn't this printer supposed to scan wirelessly as well?

What should I do to get this to work?

HP Recommended

Hello loisbikelane,

Please take a look at this document, and let me know if the troubleshooting steps help resolve your issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

My computer can't find my wireless printer

HP Recommended

I"Ve been wracking my brains trying to solve this problem.   Your answer was spot-on!  Thanks so much!!!!

Vicki

HP Recommended

this process did not resolve the issue for me.  i', using a mac laptop ox10.8.5 & hp ofcjet 8600

HP Recommended

I have a wireless computer and  printer i cant get the computer to recanize the printer  why i did it and it said it was set up but it wont print a picture a test page it will

HP Recommended

HHW, Honor Student

I could kiss you!!! Your solution worked!!! I've been struggling for the last week, as my printer just stopped printing from my desktop for no reason. Hours spent on HP sites, going thru all my programs, wasting time, wasting time.

I'M SO GRATEFUL I RAN ACROSS YOUR POST - THANK YOU!!!!!

Now, I TILL NEED an IT guy - are you available???

HP Recommended

I am having a similar problem but none of these fixes are working..... anyone got any other ideas? I am using a MacBook Air with OS X Yosemie 10.10. Printer is also not showing on my iPhone or iPad or Windows laptop!!! I can print through eprint though.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I downloaded as a previous post said the HP Print and Scan Doctor. At first nothing happened, then I followed the instructions from the application and finally after the second wireless scan, it found my wireless printer which is not installed. Then it proceeded to the installation of the printer's driver.

The troubleshooting page was very helpful and also include other ways to solve that problem.

Thanks again.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.