Question

Student
drew1160
Message 1 of 10 (699 Views)

my printer says 'printhead missing"

I am setting up hp Photosmart 7510 and I put the print cartridges in  that came in the box with the printer,  and it says "Printhead Missing." What do I do to remedy the problem?

Student
jwcat
Message 2 of 10 (679 Views)

Re: my printer says 'printhead missing"

My 7515 says that the printhead is missing also.

Student
alros314
Message 3 of 10 (462 Views)

I have hp photosmart premium with fax C410a ,my sreen on the printer say print head missing  Lift the latch, re seat the printhead and then lower the latch I did this 10 tmes and still not work I bought new ink at costco for $70.00 Icleaned the cartridges . unplug press #3 and turn it on What do i do to remedy the problem?

Honor Student
KHS34
Message 4 of 10 (412 Views)

'printhead missing - lift latch reset printhead, lower latch.  How do reset printhead?

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 5 of 10 (410 Views)

@ KHS34- I will need a little more information in order to help out. There are a few different printers mentioned in this thread. Could you please confirm the printer that you own so that I know which one is the correct one to assist on? How are the computer and the printer connected? Is the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet? Thanks.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Honor Student
KHS34
Message 6 of 10 (409 Views)

Printer is Photosmart 5515. I have been attempting to install on wireless network. It is plugged directly to wall outlet.

When I tirn on, have the setup window, atempt to set up gives the printhead missing.. message.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 7 of 10 (406 Views)

[ Edited ]

Here is a link that addresses the error message that you are getting on the product. If this does not fix the issue. One is looking at product replacement as the printhead is not a replaceable part. If you are still in warranty, HP may replace the printer at no cost to you. I'll link the information to get in touch with them below. The link will take you to a form to fill out. Once you fill it out and it is processed, it will give you the printers warranty information, a case number, and the phone number to call.

HP Technical Support Case Call Form:
http://goo.gl/w7Hgh

I hope that this helps.

Honor Student
KHS34
Message 8 of 10 (386 Views)

Have attempted the procedure many times, see nothing to reset. Printer is in warranty, will go to the send to HP option.

Honor Student
KHS34
Message 9 of 10 (372 Views)

Finally had chance to complete the form and make the call.   After going thru all the information provided on the form, I was transferred to another, expert section - something like that.  Volume of call was very poor, brief exchange - than got disconnected.   I assumed he would run through the procedure, open latch, unplug, etc.

May not be worth the effort, if could find the recept I would return to Sams Club.

Thnaks for the help.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 10 of 10 (364 Views)

@KHS34 - I have escalated your issue to the proper people. Someone will be in touch with you shortly. Look for a private message in your forum inbox.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation