Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

We were having trouble getting online.  ISP determined it was our router.  Bought and installed new router.  Internet access and kids laptops fine,  but now HP photosmart Plus B209 doesn't see new router.  Tried to do setup wizard, no luck, tried push button and pin setup from front of printer, no luck. Tried to input network settings  in toolbox  in the HP software on my computer, but told unable to retrieve settings.  The printer was working fine with the old router.  Test report from printer still shows old "Network Name SSID so, of course, it's not linking to the new router.  Help!  don't know what else to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You do not need to buy anything to install this printer.

Do NOT use a CD for software (ever, if you can help it).  Download and install the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
HP Recommended
On the front of the printer: Setup > Network > Reset Network Defaults.
I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

we have a photosmart hp C4795  same issue got a new router now ours wont print either. have put it online

HP Recommended

There are a variety of reasons why your printer might not connect to your wireless network. The following web site provides information which might be helpful in troubleshooting the issue:

www.hp.com/go/wirelessprinting

If the suggestions mentioned previously don't resolve the issue, I would suggest browsing this website for help.

For the case that the printer is connected to the wireless network, but you are unable to print to it, the following tool might be helpful in helping to diagnose the problem:

www.hp.com/go/wirelessprinting

I work for HP.
HP Recommended

Thank you! I've been trying to remedy the wireless printer with new router problem for days; this was exactly what needed to be done. I had to do the same reset for Netflix. Hopefully, everyone will find this blog.

HP Recommended

Hi 

I have new router (Thomson 858 v7), it does not catch the HP B209c printer in wireless mode, works ok with cable. Tomake matters worse I have only just changed to an macbook pro after a gateway pc, so I am finding it difficult to find my way round the mac. The printer did work on the old router which had to be changed due intermittant wireless drop outs.  

HP Recommended

First we need to connect your printer to your router.  We will use WPS (Wifi Protected Setup):

1. On the front of the printer go to Setup > Wireless > WPS.  Start it.

2. Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on the front of the router.

3. Watch the front panel of the printer to indicate that the connection was successful.

Once that is done, on your Mac go to the Apple menu (upper left) > System Preferences > Print & Scan.  Click the '+' sign to add the printer.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

My HP Photosmart Premium C410 and the new wireless router say everything is fine, my laptop and the router say everything is fine and the internet works wondferfully.  For some reason, though, the printer will not print a document at all.  Anything else I can try?

HP Recommended

Download and run this: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03286146

What does it say?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I am unable to connect my HP 6500 all in one printer to my new  CenturyLinker router  keep getting message  that the Key passphase is incorrect

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.