Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

New router from Concast with built in wi-fi.  Now eprinter not working and not showing up on network.

HP Recommended

What printer?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

HP printer was taken off wi-fi b/c there was a scanning problem...put on cable. (Scanner problem wasn't fixed anyway).

NowI want to connect back to wi-fi so I can print from my tablet/cel fone. I do have the pin # that's at the bottom of the router. Can you please give me the step by step instructions.  Make them simple, please, I'm techno dumb.  Thanks, Merlin 93

@PrintDoc wrote:

Do you know your network password?  It should be printed on the back or the bottom of the router.

HP Recommended

Yes, I do have the pin #/password from the bottom of the router.  When I got the new router Comcaast had problems..finally got it to work.  BUT, b/c I couldn't scan (never could), the "we" took the printer off wi-fi and put it on cable.  Now, I want to put it back to wi-fi so I can print from my tablet.

Please help.....the printer is an HP Office Jet 6500

Please make instructions very simple.

T/U Merlin

PS scanner still doesn't work, but that's the least of my problems.

HP Recommended

I have done all the setups, reconnects, etc. and the wireless network test report says that the printer is connected to the network. That leads me to believe that the computer and printer are not on the same network. How can I tell, and can I fix it?

HP Recommended

I'm having same problem. Comcast forced me to upgrade my modem/router. Now my HP Photosmart C7280 All in one cannot find the router. I called Comcast and they told me something about a security setting and I needed to call HP. I have no idea what they're talking about. I have tried resetting to factory defaults and starting over. Please help! Thanks!

HP Recommended

All is working now after about only 20 minutes with the Geek Squad. The printer for some reason was not picking up the network, so they remotely went through all the steps until finally the printer picked up the network.

HP Recommended

Hi, I have an HP Deskjet 3520e. I have just changed my wireless router and now the printer is not connected to the network. I have already tried the trouble-shooting pages mentioned here but can't reconcile what it suggests with the options on my printer. When I press the wireless status light on the front of my printer it says 'Not connected' and gives me the option of going to settings at the bottom of the screen. When I do that my options are Wi-fi protected setup, Print report, Advanced settings or Restore default. I have tries Wi-fi protected setup which gives me the option of push-button setup or PIN setup. Neither of these seem to do anything. They count down for 3 minutes and tell me press and hold the WPS button (which I am assuming is the same wireless status light button on the front of the printer as I can't find anything else or see anything else in the user manual guide either) for 3 seconds but nothing happens and it just times out.

In Advanced Settings it just shows IPv6 or IP summary.

Where can I enter the network information of my new network?

Thanks

HP Recommended

New Uverse router, printer won't print except with USB cable. Printer has IP and recognizes the gateway.

HP Recommended

I think I love you!!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.