r_sc_l
Message 1 of 3 (1,647 Views)

not able to print - items in queue but nothing happens

PhotoSmart Premium e-All-In-One C310 Series

using windows 7

errors:

cannot fix problem - contact network administrator

cannot be contacted over the network - problem with printer

I have gone thru all the suggestions and nothing fits - everything is correct.

we updated Adobe Reader and that is when we noticed this. 

Grad Student
SandyBob
Message 2 of 3 (1,629 Views)

Re: not able to print - items in queue but nothing happens

The first thing I would do is visit www.hp.com/go/tools and download both the Print Diagnostic Utility (PDU) and the Network Diagnostic Utility (NDU).

I'd run the PDU first.  The first thing it checks is connectivity.  If it is connected it will check for several things and give you the option or instructions to "fix" detected issues.

The NDU will allow you to check if your printer is showing up on your network, if a firewall is blocking communication, and other things.

SandyBob

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP
1-800-474-6836
Teacher
f2point8
Message 3 of 3 (1,619 Views)

Re: not able to print - items in queue but nothing happens

The HP Print Diagnostic Utility (aka "PDU") has been replaced by HP's next generation diagnostic tool, the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

All functionality previously available in the PDU and the HP Network Diagnostic Utility (aka "NDU") has been combined in one easy to use tool, the new HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Get the HP Print and Scan Doctor here: www.hp.com/go/tools

Be sure to let HP know how it goes with the new Print and Scan Doctor by taking the short survey you will receive when you are finished with the tool. 

Thanks, Kent G.

I work for Hewlett-Packard
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation