04-18-2012 04:35 PM
PhotoSmart Premium e-All-In-One C310 Series
using windows 7
cannot fix problem - contact network administrator
cannot be contacted over the network - problem with printer
I have gone thru all the suggestions and nothing fits - everything is correct.
we updated Adobe Reader and that is when we noticed this.
04-19-2012 11:07 AM
The first thing I would do is visit www.hp.com/go/tools and download both the Print Diagnostic Utility (PDU) and the Network Diagnostic Utility (NDU).
I'd run the PDU first. The first thing it checks is connectivity. If it is connected it will check for several things and give you the option or instructions to "fix" detected issues.
The NDU will allow you to check if your printer is showing up on your network, if a firewall is blocking communication, and other things.
If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP
04-26-2012 01:59 PM
The HP Print Diagnostic Utility (aka "PDU") has been replaced by HP's next generation diagnostic tool, the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
All functionality previously available in the PDU and the HP Network Diagnostic Utility (aka "NDU") has been combined in one easy to use tool, the new HP Print and Scan Doctor.
Get the HP Print and Scan Doctor here: www.hp.com/go/tools
Be sure to let HP know how it goes with the new Print and Scan Doctor by taking the short survey you will receive when you are finished with the tool.
Thanks, Kent G.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network