Question

Tutor
libaty
Message 1 of 13 (874 Views)
Accepted Solution

officejet 4500 g510n-z no error message but the ! sign is on.

What is wring? can you direct me to errror messages log?

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 13 (862 Views)

Re: officejet 4500 g510n-z no error message but the ! sign is on.

If you could, review Bob_Headrick's post and provide a little more information so the community can provide better assistance.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Tutor
libaty
Message 3 of 13 (858 Views)

[ Edited ]

Wireless, Win7.
In case I see the sign '!' (next to the printer display) on , how do i find what is wrong?

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 4 of 13 (848 Views)

Where exactly do you see the ! sign?

Is it in the device manager of the computer or on the printer?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Tutor
libaty
Message 5 of 13 (812 Views)

this sign (!), located on the right side of the 4500 control panel display.

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 6 of 13 (810 Views)

I understand that this is the attention light on that specific model of the printer.

If that light is on, there should be something that is not functioning.

Has it stopped working with any of the features?

Signature
Tutor
libaty
Message 7 of 13 (783 Views)

Hello,

Currently, i've no problem with my printer (wireless print, scan & fax). however, since the attention light is still on, I may have, has u say, somthing wrong or bad setup. 

More.... I've two computers connected to the printer through wirelees network. It may happen, that while two of them working together, the printer IP mismatched... I had to fix that ones or twice and now its ok (still the ! is on :-(  )

Tutor
libaty
Message 8 of 13 (744 Views)

Oops..! :smileysad:just say all fine....well, I have a problem - I can't send FAx wireless from my PC.

I'm working from Win7. checking my device list at "printers &.." i see no wireless fax. How do I fix this comunication problem?:smileyfrustrated:

Libaty

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 9 of 13 (738 Views)

[ Edited ]

There doesn't appear to be an issue with the printer itself as everything on it appears to be functioning.  The wireless fax from the PC you mention is purely software based from the PC.  

Regarding the attention light, try a hard reset by disconnecting the power from the printer while it is on for one minute and then reconnecting the power.  If it does not turn on automatically, press the power button to turn it on.  This will reinitialize the hardware and the software in the printer.  In most cases, this will reset the attention light.

Regarding faxing, try sending a fax from the printer itself to verify that the functionality is still present.  If this succeeds, then we know it is strictly a software issue on the PC preventing the faxing from the PC not to work.

Since it was there and now it is not, try uninstalling the printer software completely.  Once it is uninstalled, run the HP Officejet Software and Driver Removal Utility to ensure that the software and drivers are removed for a clean install.

Then reinstall the software the same way you did before, though the USB cable will not be required since the printer is already on the wireless network.  You should be able to choose a network install and it should scan the network and install the printer already on the network.

A clean install should reinstall any software that was missing before. 

Signature
Tutor
libaty
Message 10 of 13 (720 Views)

Hi,

I check with Windows SW forum and my network issues (two computers XP+Win7) is history. The Fax issue also fixed. So now It seem all good:smileyhappy:.

The "attention light" is still on.

I thought an error log in the printer will show me the reason and with your directions i may find it:smileysad: but... It's not there i guess.

Well, since all is working, i leave it in peace:smileyfrustrated:

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation