Question

Honor Student
TERRY_Va_Beach
Message 1 of 7 (5,029 Views)

officejet 6600 unable to connect to wireless network

officejet 6600 unable to connect to wireless network - wizard indicates it may be a MAC address filtering issue (diagnostics results show "No Filtering -------- FAIL"), but I've checked my verizon routers webpage and MAC authentication is disabled.  I've tried moving the printer closer to the router to ensure that it isn't a signal strength problem - no change.  Is there any other reason the printer might not connect to the network? 

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 7 (5,020 Views)

Re: officejet 6600 unable to connect to wireless network

Verizon routers are problematic:  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02986958&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en#N1042

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
TERRY_Va_Beach
Message 3 of 7 (5,017 Views)

Thanks for the reply.  I'd found that posting  you sent the link to - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02986958&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en#N519

My 6600 isn't even getting an IP (it indicates "IP: No Link"), so I can't follow the directions from that posting.

I've spent an hour on the phone with a nice HP rep who indicated that I needed to speak with my Verizon tech support.  Verizon tried a couple of things (although they said it was not their responsibility), but with no success.

I think this printer is going back to the store, and I'll get a Canon.

Teacher
pctech33
Message 4 of 7 (5,014 Views)

Open the configuration pages within the router's embedded web server. Look for something called a DHCP client list. Is the printer listed? If it is, can you ping it by IP and/or host name from any of your client computers?
Message 5 of 7 (5,010 Views)

Thanks - but the printer does not show up in the client list.  

Student
camp3330
Message 6 of 7 (344 Views)

my Officejet 6600 is not connected to my lap top computor. It was at one time,but is no longer. How can I re-connect?

Regents Professor
sabretooth04
Message 7 of 7 (340 Views)

Have you tried to reinstall the printer from scratch?   You need to verify the printer is connected to your router's SSID with a valid IP address.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation