04-15-2012 08:34 PM
officejet 6600 unable to connect to wireless network - wizard indicates it may be a MAC address filtering issue (diagnostics results show "No Filtering -------- FAIL"), but I've checked my verizon routers webpage and MAC authentication is disabled. I've tried moving the printer closer to the router to ensure that it isn't a signal strength problem - no change. Is there any other reason the printer might not connect to the network?
04-16-2012 06:24 PM
Verizon routers are problematic: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
04-16-2012 06:47 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'd found that posting you sent the link to - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam
My 6600 isn't even getting an IP (it indicates "IP: No Link"), so I can't follow the directions from that posting.
I've spent an hour on the phone with a nice HP rep who indicated that I needed to speak with my Verizon tech support. Verizon tried a couple of things (although they said it was not their responsibility), but with no success.
I think this printer is going back to the store, and I'll get a Canon.
04-17-2012 03:28 AM
Life is too serious to be taken seriously
07-04-2014 10:03 AM
Have you tried to reinstall the printer from scratch? You need to verify the printer is connected to your router's SSID with a valid IP address.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network