Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Printdoc, I've done the L_3 uninstall several times now. Will it work differently this time?
HP Recommended

Printdoc,

I did the L_3 uninstall (at one point that hung up) and then reinstalled with exactly the same result.  I am now watching those blue bars march  endlessly across the screen.  This thing is not going to work, is it? 

By the way, the installation instructions say very clearly not to turn off your firewall.  However, I followed your instructions and turned off both the firewall and the antivirus program.

Have you got any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Printdoc,

Because there has been no reply for some time, I am assuming you are out of ideas as am I.  Does anyone else have any ideas?  Or am I on my own?

HP Recommended

I am out of ideas.  I still think there is something in your computer blocking the software.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Printdoc,

Thanks for your help, but I think there is a software problem.  I have never failed to install a printer before and I have worked on computers for many years.  In the end, nobody was able to hep me with this machine.  So, I took it on myself to do a level 5 uninstall and it is no longer a problem of mine.  Also, I don't think there is any question that this whole mess was a software problem--HP's software.

HP Recommended

Hi

Was this issue resolved?  I just bought this printer and have spend a full day trying to get it to recognize my linksys router security key.  I've tried with with both XP and  Vista.    HP support tell me that I should return the printer because the wireless adapter is probably faulty.   But, given the number of hits a google search finds on this issue I'm wondering if it's something else?  They can't all have faulty adapters.   Anyone got thoughts on this?

mary

HP Recommended

FIrst, run a Wireless Config Test from the front o the printer.  It will tell you whether the printer's radio is good or not.

What kind of encryption are you using on your Linksys?  What model Linksys is it?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Hi..thanks for the reply.

When I touch the wireless icon it returns a "no connection found" message and asks me to check my router is switched on etc.  It is,  and currently happily providing connectivity for two laptops - one vista the other XP

The router is a linksys WRT54GX2

Security Mode = WEP and encryption is 128bits 26 hex digits.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me 🙂

Mary

HP Recommended

OK, is the wireless light on on the lower left front of the printer?

The best way to go here is to change your network security.  WEP is not very secure at all and also has problems like this.

I would suggest that you change your encryption on your router to WPA or WPA2.  Unfortunately, you will have to re-establish all your connections with a new 'passphrase', but the good news is that it is more secure and you can make up your own passphrase (at least 13 characters, numbers and letters, upper and lower case).

Do you need help doing this?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

yes, the blue light next to the wireless logo is illuminated.  I haven't used that encryption before, so some help would be much appreciated

~Mary

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.