printer offline (1145 Views)
Honor Student
thepigman10
Message 1 of 5 (1,145 Views)
Accepted Solution

printer offline

my HP Deskjet F4500 wireless will not work, the blue wireless light flashes on and off.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 5 (1,105 Views)

Re: printer offline

Was it ever connected to your network?  What happened?

Get the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.  Run the softare and choose "Network" or "Wireless" when it asks what kind of installation you want. 

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
thepigman10
Message 3 of 5 (1,085 Views)

I know the problem, just not how to sort it . Got a new router so password is different so will not connect to network. tried re installing with disc and it says " you have a more up to date instalation " then finishes , I need to be able to enter my new password somewhere.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 5 (1,082 Views)

If your new router supports WPS, use that.  See page 5 of the manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01859574.pdf

If it does not support it, you will have to re-run the software to connect the printer to your new router.  Do not use the CD (ever, CDs are almost always outdated), get the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
thepigman10
Message 5 of 5 (971 Views)

All sorted now thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation