printer won't print from one computer in network (1806 Views)
Student
sylvia_dianne
Message 1 of 7 (1,806 Views)

printer won't print from one computer in network

[ Edited ]

We have a family network and for some reason on of the computers no longer can print.  The printer is a photosmart c7280 all-in-one.  I uninstalled the printer and driver and then downloaded a new driver and installed it to the computer.  The computer's network recognized the printer but nothing that is sent to the printer prints and i just get an error message but no reason why.  The printer is physically connected to a x-p computer and the computer in question is running Vista.  However, that shouldn't be a problem because this computer used to be able to print.  I just don't know what to check to make sure nothing has been turned on or turned off on the computer so that the printer doesn't recognize this printer any longer.

Before i downloaded the new driver, i deleted the old one and now I have just discovered that after i reinstalled the driver, there is not printer listed in the windows device manager.  The printer does show up in my network area tho and in the printer folder.  i have no idea what's going on.

Message Edited by sylvia_dianne on 07-24-2009 09:31 AM
Message Edited by sylvia_dianne on 07-24-2009 11:39 AM
Associate Professor
Wi-Fi-Guy
Message 2 of 7 (1,777 Views)

Re: printer won't print from one computer in network

Is the XP computer connected to the C7280 via USB?

How is the C7280 connected to the home network?

How is the Vista computer connected to the home network?  Can you open the printer's internal web page by browsing to its IP address?

Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Student
characters
Message 3 of 7 (1,236 Views)

printer/computer not connecting/dellwindows vista/hppsc1310

Wi-Fi-Guy wrote:

Is the XP computer connected to the C7280 via USB?

How is the C7280 connected to the home network?

How is the Vista computer connected to the home network?  Can you open the printer's internal web page by browsing to its IP address?

computer is connected to USB. do not know @C7280?  where is internal web page?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 7 (1,232 Views)

Re: printer/computer not connecting/dellwindows vista/hppsc1310

More info, please.  What printer, how is it connected and to what operating system or network?

I am employed by HP
Student
terri3918
Message 5 of 7 (930 Views)

I have a Photosmart c7280 printer wireless, the printer is ready but my Mac computer say it is offline. I am unable to print. the network config page from printer indicates it ready. confused!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 6 of 7 (923 Views)

What version of OS X?  What brand/ model router?  From where did you get the HP software?  Was it labeled as being compatible with your version of OS X?

I am employed by HP
Student
edwilliams2055
Message 7 of 7 (13 Views)

OS is windows the modem belongs to Uverse

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation