08-23-2013 02:23 PM
Having problems with my HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium not doing the auto switch from default tray to next tray during print job. I've tried unplugging the printer, removing and replacing tray 2, checking for jams, shuffling paper, resetting the default tray (paper can be pulled from both trays when set as default), but I still get an "out of paper" message when the default tray is empty even though the other tray is empty. I can manually exchange empty tray for full one, but the printer no longer automatically switches over when one of the trays is empty. HELP!
09-05-2013 12:15 PM
The Printer Does Not Pick Up Paper From Tray 2, or Tray 2 Is Not Recognized
may offer some help:
There may be something there which will help.
I was a support engineer for HP.
If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection