08-23-2013 02:23 PM
Having problems with my HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium not doing the auto switch from default tray to next tray during print job. I've tried unplugging the printer, removing and replacing tray 2, checking for jams, shuffling paper, resetting the default tray (paper can be pulled from both trays when set as default), but I still get an "out of paper" message when the default tray is empty even though the other tray is empty. I can manually exchange empty tray for full one, but the printer no longer automatically switches over when one of the trays is empty. HELP!
09-05-2013 12:15 PM
The Printer Does Not Pick Up Paper From Tray 2, or Tray 2 Is Not Recognized
may offer some help:
There may be something there which will help.
I was a support engineer for HP.
If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network