11-21-2010 10:48 PM
I need to connect a psc 2410 to a router so that it can be shared between 3 pc's. The pc's are, 1 with Deutsch Win XP, 1 with English XP and 1 with English Windows 7. They connect to a Fritz Fon router which has a socket for a printer.
Is it just a new cable (What type) and do I need to install new software?
Hope somebody can advise.
11-21-2010 11:02 PM
I am not familiar with your router. If the router supports USB printers it should work. It will very likely ONLY support printing, not scanning.
Get a regular USB cable and plug it in, then install the software (available by clicking "Support & Drivers" at the top of this page). Choose a Network installation (I think).
I am not sure what network printing protocol the router uses, you may want to contact the manufacturer if it does not work after the first try.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection