11-21-2010 10:48 PM
I need to connect a psc 2410 to a router so that it can be shared between 3 pc's. The pc's are, 1 with Deutsch Win XP, 1 with English XP and 1 with English Windows 7. They connect to a Fritz Fon router which has a socket for a printer.
Is it just a new cable (What type) and do I need to install new software?
Hope somebody can advise.
11-21-2010 11:02 PM
I am not familiar with your router. If the router supports USB printers it should work. It will very likely ONLY support printing, not scanning.
Get a regular USB cable and plug it in, then install the software (available by clicking "Support & Drivers" at the top of this page). Choose a Network installation (I think).
I am not sure what network printing protocol the router uses, you may want to contact the manufacturer if it does not work after the first try.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network