Question
"HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete"
Replies (184)

Student
dfrey
Message 71 of 185 (15,346 Views)

Re: "HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete"

I am in the same boat.  I have a photosmart printer / scanner on my home network.  I am adding a windows 7 professional computer unto network.  I installed the device driver and printer works; however, every time I go to use scanner, HP Solution Center comes up with this message.  I've been at this for 4 hours already installing and uninstalling this software.  Same results every time.

Honor Student
pat1990
Message 72 of 185 (15,340 Views)

Re: "HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete"

After a little bit of exploring in this thread I found this solution. Since the printer was working FINE, what I most needed is the scan capability. Don't need the whole enchilada. THIS solution from"splonkie" here worked for me:

This bug has been around for a very long time. I have fixed it many times (it *will* come back again after a few months) and the following solutions and work-arounds exist:

1. If you only want to scan then find  hpiscnapp.exe (it is in  C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin on a 32-bit OS). Put a shortcut somewhere and then you can scan without "solution" center.

2. Try to "Add a device" in the HP start menu for the printer.   Even if this does not terminate (!) "solution" center should now
be working (just terminate the add a device task if it hangs).

3. Do the level 4 uninstall as suggested elsewhere with the numerous re-installs/re-boots.

This works for me where my all-in-one is on a wired ethernet with a fixed IP address. I use Windows 7: 32 and 64 bit.

I tested immediately. Then restarted. Tested fine again, Then turned-off and did again this morning. Works terrifically.

Hope it works for you!

Honor Student
welder315
Message 73 of 185 (15,243 Views)

i keep getting a sign that says that i must put a disk in machine for the hp solutions i have windows xp

mike

Student
KONDAPALLI
Message 74 of 185 (14,893 Views)

SIR THIS IS RAMA KRISHNA HP SOLUTION CENTER CANNOR RUN IN MY COMPUTER PL.RECTIFY MY PROBLEM

THANKING YOU

YOURS FAITHFULLY

RAMAKRISHNA RAO

Honor Student
raymondox
Message 75 of 185 (14,891 Views)

I found that I had this failure when I added the printer using windows. When I deleted the printer and then resetup using the HP disc it works fine.

So if nothing else delete and then reset up the printer and try it out.

Honor Student
ojgolan
Message 76 of 185 (14,629 Views)

Piece of Crap!

I have the HP Officejet 6500. This printer is great. I really like it. But what I can't stand is the piece of crap drivers that the half wit idiots at HP wrote.

Having a HUGE driver for the installation of the printer, that is one, thing. Having updates all the time that don't do jack sh*t is another thing.

Getting you HP driver folder bloated well over 1.5GB of usless data is another thing.

But what the hell is wrong with the guys at HP?

Seriously, they want us to move to CANON, BROTHER or any other brand so bad that they keep f*cking up the drivers?

I still have my printer (E709a), but after spending more time installing this piece of sh*t then I did on installing my server and 5 computers at home (includeing the router and configuring the firewall), I just gave up and bought a BROTHER printer.

Guess what?

It works fine with the CD that I got in the box, and works fine with the driver from their web site (bad website btw...).

Unlike my HP 6500 E709a, I didn't find out that after a random amount of time, I would have to reinstall the printer again and again and again and again and again ...

I can scan from my printer now over the network. NO, THIS WAS NOT POSSIBLE WITH THE ORIGINAL HP 6500 DRIVER THAT WAS SHIPPED (MAYBE IN THEORY IT WAS) AND NOR WAS IT AN OPTION FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS ALSO.

Is there a solution for this problem now, or should I just get another BROTHER printer and put this HP printer out of its (our) misery?

Top Student
gwenhutson
Message 77 of 185 (14,438 Views)

I have a Photosmart 310 which will not print, or scan.  Keep getting this message and reinstalling software, etc. The directions are pathetic.  The troubleshooter does the same thing over and over and doesn't fix the problem.   Each time I turn the computer off it resets and I have to go through the whole thing again.  

I have Windows 7 on an ASUS.  The printer did work for a long time, but then it quit printing and my computer won't even recognize the printer half the time.  

I am a novice at this stuff and it's making me crazy.  Any suggestions on a printer that is user-friendly or at least has good support that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, especially since this printer uses a TON of ink.

I am totally frustrated by this machine.  I will never buy another HP product.  What garbage.

Top Student
Sherich
Message 78 of 185 (14,269 Views)

I've got the same problem on a wireless HP 8500 Pro (A909g) using WIN7.  Created a separate post a week or so back with no responses.  Printer works fine wirelessly but when I try to open Solution Center it says the install was not complete.  I've uninstalled using the HP software and then using Add/Remove programs and also have removed the printer in Printer and Devices.  I've done this several times now.  After several attempts and many hours of frustration I'm still back where I started.

Doesn't HP staff monitors these posts?  This is so frustrating.  I love the printer but hate the ongoing frustration dealing with the HP software.  Like others this makes me willing to consider alternatives the next time I buy a printer at home or office.    

Top Student
gwenhutson
Message 79 of 185 (14,254 Views)

I did finally get the darn thing to print by uninstalling and reinstalling everything, but it still won't scan.  I don't think I will ever buy another hp product.  Their customer service is terrible!

Student
Gurkha
Message 80 of 185 (13,720 Views)

Solution.  (For me at least!) - cracked after 2 months of complete frustration having upgraded to Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.  Couldn’t get Solution centre to load with the same symptoms as detailed throughout this thread.  Had printer manually connected to wireless network, yet this was only "seen" by the PC and not by HP software.  I think the issue was a clash between remaining old software and the new and so a comprehensive clean out was needed including manual intervention too. 

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Officejet pro 8500 wireless, non HP pc, BT Home Hub 3.0. 

• Download scrubber version 14.   HP Officejet Software and Driver Removal Utility
  •  Download Full version 14 of solution center from HP site. HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Driver 
  • Unplug power from router and printer.
  • Extract Scrubber. 
  • Run L4 clean 4 x times (got this tip from another thread) and go through all the rebooting required.  Never got anywhere on only 1 L4 scrub.
  • Go to Program files and delete any HP folders that I could find (not all would delete).
  • Go to Devices and Printers and delete HP printer (if it’s still there).
  • Power up router and wait for lights to go steady (fully booted and connected)
  • Power up printer.
  • Extract and install full (default) version of HP drivers and software.

This worked for me, so hopefully it might work for you too.  It's worth mentioning that the HP tech support was completely useless as my printer was out of warranty.  They wanted to charge me £15 for the privilege of talking to an engineer with the caveat that they may not be able to solve the problem.  This is a pretty suboptimal level of service and quite frankly HP need to fix this automatically through a proper sw patch incorporated into the software and driver download rather than expecting their customers to research their way out of this frustration.  Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation