Question

Honor Student
slez1
Message 1 of 5 (4,436 Views)
Accepted Solution

"Invalid WEP Key" Error on 7410 All-in-On Wireless Set Up

My 7410 has been connected wirelessly for over a year but I just installed a new router (Linksys N600) and can't get the wireless connection back up.  All other wireless devices are connecting to the new router.  Using WPA2-PSK[AES] security on router.  Using installation wizard on front panel of printer and it is locating network SSID fine.  But only allowing for WEP key and giving me error code every time it is entered.  Have tried to change length of key on router to 5 or 13 characters and also tried 10 HEX digits.  Have powered off/on the printer and restored to factory network settings.  No luck with anything.  The Cisco router I previously had installed was also an N router - no problems connecting the 7410 wirelessly but swapped it out because of too many lost connections.  Any advice?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 5 (4,397 Views)

Re: "Invalid WEP Key" Error on 7410 All-in-On Wireless Set Up

I don't think this printer supports WPA2.  Try WPA.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
slez1
Message 3 of 5 (4,385 Views)

Thank you so much!  I just ended a 5 hour exhausting debacle.  Bumped the security on router back to WPA-PSK + WPA2s-PSK and the printer wizard accepted the WEP key.  I'm printing!

Student
joongpark
Message 4 of 5 (3,217 Views)

I put same WEP KEY which I use to connect my wireless router.

But My printer show error sign. also ask "WEP KEY has to be A-F.

How ?

MY router wep key has all alphabet.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 5 of 5 (3,211 Views)

If your WEP key is all alphabet then it is not WEP, it is WPA or WPA2.  As discussed above, this printer will not accept WPA2.

Get into your router settings and change your wireless security type to WPA or WPA/WPA2 (you can keep the same passphrase).

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation