"Parsing Error....."??? (25094 Views)
Top Student
gschramm
Message 1 of 26 (25,094 Views)

"Parsing Error....."???

I recently purchased a C7280 all-in-one wirleless. The pc I am having a problem with is the stationary computer the router is hooked to. When I try to start the HP Solutions Center, I receive an error that reads " Parsing error in file C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqscloc\1033.xml ".

When the solution center does run, all the buttons have no text on them so I cannot read the catagories available.

The other computers hooked to the network all function fine and the Solution Center works very well. But the computer are all used frequently and I have to be able to use mine without problems like this. I have uninstalled/reinstalled several times out of frustration to no avail. I have downloaded updates for the printer also. Nothing has worked.

I have tried Chat support, but got nowhere. Can someone please lead me in the right direction? Is it the pc or the all-in-one? The error message points toward the HP files themselves. But I would like to fix this.

Thanks.

Honor Student
Shore1345
Message 2 of 26 (24,697 Views)

Re: "Parsing Error....."???

Hi,

I spent countless hours on the chat as well with the same problem. I finally got the issue resolved on my own and this is how...

BTW I am using Windows Vista so you may need to change where and how you find things.

1. Uninstall all-in-one printer drivers and disconnect the printer from computer

2. In your windows search bar (Windows Explorer) type in "%Temp%". This should bring up a temporay folder. "Select All" and "delete". This basically clears out junk. You may not be able to clear everything. There is a message about using some of the files. Whatever you can delete just delete.

3. Uninstall and reinstall Adobe Flash Player (that was the key to my success). One of the tech guys determined that I had a Flash player issue.

4. Restart the computer.

5. Reinstall the printer drivers (reconnect printer) using the original CD/DVD and hopefully that will resolve your issue.

Good Luck!

Student
cs10010gss
Message 3 of 26 (24,676 Views)

Thanks. I will try that method and see what happens. Since my post, I have put together a new pc from scratch and installed a new copy of XP. I installed the printer dirvers but have yet to install the Solutions Center. So I will use this advice and see how things go.

Thanks again.
Associate Professor
Wi-Fi-Guy
Message 4 of 26 (24,673 Views)

I think the issue is with the SW installation on the PC.

If you open the file 1033.xml with notepad, you'll see that it appears to contain the language strings for Solution Center.  If you've installed the drivers on other computers, you might try copying a new copy from a working from one of the other machines (I don't have much hope for this though since you've tried reinstalling multiple times).

Are all your computers running the same security SW (Anti-Virus and Firewall such as Zonealarm, Norton/Symantec, Trend Micro, MacAfee, etc)?  Have you tried install the SW with the anti-virus program disabled?

Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Honor Student
happyme
Message 5 of 26 (17,717 Views)

When I got to the hp help center to scan or copy documents all the fields are empty and I get this message: parsing error in file c:/program files/hp/digital imaging/bin/hpqscloc/1033.xml. Need assistance in correcting this message.

Honor Student
happyme
Message 6 of 26 (17,716 Views)

My scan or copy documents fields are empty in my solution center and I get tthis message: parsing error in file C:/program files/hp/digital imaging/bin/hpqscloc/1033.xml. How can I fix this problem?

Honor Student
Larrypi
Message 7 of 26 (16,771 Views)

I tried this on Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit and it didn't work.  Trying to get HP's assistance on this is almost impossible.  Guess I'll just have to live with it for now, almost everything works except the HP Digital Imaging Monitoring function.  I was able to set up my scan network etc.  BTW I'm using an all in one HP Office Jet Pro 8500 A909g series on a wireless network.

Top Student
dan-fran
Message 8 of 26 (14,846 Views)

have got this problem myself, but mine happened when i put in new cartridges (not compatibles) i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer and am still getting the message although i can now print but it is very faint. should i uninstall the printer again and start from scratch? i cant believe that just replacing the cartridge could cause such problems. any help is very welcome as i don't know what to try next.

Student
OGREMEN1
Message 9 of 26 (12,443 Views)

having problem with message of "Parsing Error in files, etc" ....  When HP Center comes up on screen, there is no text at all  .How can I fix this?    unit is HP Officejet J5750 All-in-One.

Honor Student
AlanHuggins
Message 10 of 26 (10,721 Views)

I am useing Windows 7 Home Premium no luck but thanks for tring

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation