setting up of wireless printer (3485 Views)
Student
mrsalking
Message 1 of 4 (3,485 Views)

setting up of wireless printer

Hello,

I have just got the HP Photosmart 4500 wireless printer.  I followed the directions but some of the directions does not have the information to follow in windows vista.  I can use the printer connected to USB and wireless but I have to disconnect form my wireless internet connection to do this.

I have Wireless Home Networking installed in my house. With 2 laptops that will need to be connected to this printer.

Is there something that I am doing wrong? I never tried to even hook up the other laptop. Is there a way that I can connect the wireless internet connection with my wireless printer connection?

NEED HELP?

Associate Professor
Wi-Fi-Guy
Message 2 of 4 (3,390 Views)

Re: setting up of wireless printer

Just to be clear, you have to disconnect from the internet in order to print wirelessly from your laptops? Did I understand correctly?

Interesting problem ...

How do you disconnect from the internet when you want to print?

What is the IP address of the printer when you are on the internet and when you are disconnected from the internet? You can find the printer's IP address by printing its Network Configuration Page (press the Wireless button on the printer's front panel, then press "Wireless Settings" then press "Print Network Configuration").

Last question -- what kind of wireless-router do you have?

Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Honor Student
nila13
Message 3 of 4 (133 Views)

mrsalking wrote:

Hello,

I have just got the HP Photosmart 4500 wireless printer.  I followed the directions but some of the directions does not have the information to follow in windows vista.  I can use the printer connected to USB and wireless but I have to disconnect form my wireless internet connection to do this.

I have Wireless Home Networking installed in my house. With 2 laptops that will need to be connected to this printer.

Is there something that I am doing wrong? I never tried to even hook up the other laptop. Is there a way that I can connect the wireless internet connection with my wireless printer connection?

NEED HELP?

mrsalking wrote:

Hello,

NEED HELP?  yes , that is why I am asking for help-there is one hook up from the printer, the wireless plug in., it is plugged in , it says on the back , for the wireless, don't know where it is supposed to be plugged in to? I have done this many times, but I need help this time.

Honor Student
nila13
Message 4 of 4 (132 Views)

I do not have a lab top, only 1 p c. Do I need to turn it off???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation